Why not Cross-Country skiing in TomTom Adventurer Cardio? — TomTom Community

Why not Cross-Country skiing in TomTom Adventurer Cardio?

PKSKPKSK Posts: 4 [Apprentice Traveler]
edited January 2019 in TomTom Adventurer
Why not Cross-Country skiing in TomTom Adventurer? its so many Cross-Country skiing people that had been thrilled to have this function in Tomtom´s watches. Is this function something Tomtom are going to fix in an update for Adventurer watch?

Comments

• tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,526
    Superusers
    It does not appear they are adding any more sports modes, that is what they added Freestyle and gym modes for. Freestyle is for any GPS enabled non-core activities and Gym for non-GPS enabled activities. If they start adding sports modes then you may want cross country skiing and I may want football and someone else may want paddle sports, this is why then went with the generic Freestyle. The existing sports also tie into the lifetime totals on MySports. If they add more sports modes they would also need to redesign all of MySports to capture them. You should try using Freestyle it gets you distance based on GPS and calories based on HR so it will be the most accurate (cycling and running use METs for calories and ignore HR). I do not know of any specific metrics that you would capture in cross country skiing that would not be captured in Freestyle (distance, duration, pace, HR, etc.) that would justify a separate mode.

I imagine this is not what you were hoping to hear but let me know if this answered your question. If it did, please mark it as a solution so other can look for it if they have the same question.
  • PKSKPKSK Posts: 4 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Yes of cource it has to develop and redesign for a new category. Nordic Cross-Country skiing is simular with running, a high cardio sport, thats way TomTom shuld develop that category. Tomtom GPS watch buttons is the best watch winter time in Cross-Country skiing to use with gloves on.
    The biggest problem with Freestyle is that it take the speed in km/h, but Cross-Country skiing is, as running, in min/km. If Freestyle was simular that Running it would better, but it is not.
    Superusers
    In any case, TomTom will not comment on planned or future updates publicly (here or elsewhere) so we will just have to wait and see.
  • PKSKPKSK Posts: 4 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Ok, thats sad for TomTom, then I dont buy Adventurer, I going to leav TomTom and buy Garmin Fenix5 that have Cross-Country skiing, and Golf and much more. Maybee Garmin is better as a car GPS to, i have to try!
    Thanks for the information.
    Superusers
    Feel free to switch, but to be fair the Fenix5 and the Adventurer are not comparable products. You are paying heavily for the advanced feature set of the Fenix5, which starts at $599 versus the Adventurer which goes for half that.