New Sports Connect v3.2.7 available for download — TomTom Community

New Sports Connect v3.2.7 available for download

MikkoKMikkoK Posts: 23,905 Retired Community Managers and Staff
edited November 2018 in Sports [Connect][Apps][Website]
Hi all,

We've just released a new v3.2.7 of Sports Connect and it's available for download at tomtom.com/123.

[h3]What's new?[/h3]
- Bug fixes and minor improvements.

Happy sporting! :D

Cheers, Mikko

Comments

• gm77gm77 Posts: 66 [Sovereign Trailblazer]
    Hi Mikko, do you think the QuickGPS issue is solved on this release?
    Thanks
  • Stuart McDonaldStuart McDonald Posts: 759 [Exalted Navigator]
    gm77 wrote:
    Hi Mikko, do you think the QuickGPS issue is solved on this release?
    Thanks
    Hi. Any QuickGPS issue will not be resolved by a release of Sports Connect, it just downloads the file and writes it to the watch. That mechanism hasn't changed almost since the first release of the software. It is the watch/gps chip that actually processes the file etc. So only a firmware update can change that process.

Regards,
    Stuart.
  • Jarkko UJarkko U Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Hello,

It seems that version 3.2.7 fails completely to store .ttbin and .gpx and other files to local computer.

After I connect Watch to computer all workouts are uploaded to TomTom Sports web page and other liked sports trackers. But "TomTom Sports Conncect" fails with error message saying "folder does not exists" while it tries to open local workout folder under C:\Users\USER\TomTom Sports\DEVICE\DATE. There is no such folder or files.. so it seems that save fails completely.

Storing files to local computer worked just fine with previous version of "TomTom Sports Connect" 22.5.2017 and past workout folders in that same path but new ones uploaded with 3.2.7 are not.

Also I tried to install previous version of the program and edit prefs.ini, but I can't get it to skip Update check and just start older working version.
  • Stuart McDonaldStuart McDonald Posts: 759 [Exalted Navigator]
    Hi,
    Can you use the Submit App Data in the Advanced Section of Sports Connect Settings Page (cog icon) to send logs and I will have investigate.

Regards,
    Stuart.
  • Jarkko UJarkko U Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Hi,
    Can you use the Submit App Data in the Advanced Section of Sports Connect Settings Page (cog icon) to send logs and I will have investigate.

Regards,
    Stuart.

Hello,

Logs uploaded. XX1496240991

After several un-installations and re-installations and reboots .. I managed to get 3.2.7 working today. Like I've recorded 5 second runs several times for testing and connected the watch to the computer to see if ".ttbin" files are saved to local folder correctly. It failed between 23.5. and 30.5. (but all records were still uploaded to the web page). Today 31.5. I tried once again and it worked.

I think that the issue I had must be related to the fact that I have several user accounts in my Windows 10 computer. All of those might have "TomTom Sports Connect"-service running at the same time. So each of those will try to read the Watch at the same time while watch is connected to the computer ?

Like I have user accounts "Master" and "Isi". I was logged in with "Isi" and connected watch to the computer. "TomTom Sports Connect" program opened and showed all normal messages like Watch connected -> Updating -> updating Fast GPS etc. .. Finally TomTom web page was opened. But still not any ".ttbin" files were found from "Users\Isi\TomTom Sports".

Today I did some search on "Master" user account and I noticed that all missing ".ttbin files" (23.5.-30.5 and also some earlier files from March) were there on "Users\Master\TomTom Sports".

Do you see anything odd in the logs I uploaded ?
  • Mark BartlettMark Bartlett Posts: 23
    Staff
    Jarkko U wrote:
    Do you see anything odd in the logs I uploaded ?
    Hi Jarkko,
    The logs you sent were for your Isi account and had uploads on the 22nd and 31st but nothing in between. If you log into your Master account and send logs from that, I presume that those logs will show any uploads from in between those dates. It would be useful to have both sets of logs to match up the behaviour.

Regarding original error message you posted "folder does not exist", how did that appear? It is not one I recognise from the TomTom Sports Connect application, and I'm guessing it came from Windows in response to something we did.

Mark