Where are the maps of Europe without buildings for GO 6200 ???

Barnataxi
Barnataxi Registered Users Posts: 68
Prominent Wayfarer
edited December 2021 in Devices using Wi-Fi®
Someone can explain to me how I can download maps of Europe without buildings ?

I have a 6000 go with europe maps without buildings, and I was happy, but since the last software updates the go 6000 has become a very slow and unreliable computer.
Each day I have to make three or four resets.
For that reason, I decided to buy the go 6200 in the hope that it would be faster and better.
The screen is better, but when I went to install the maps of Europe without buildings I have not been able to install.
I have phoned Tomtom Spain and have been told that they are not available on the Go 6200 ..

IT'S A JOKE ??????

I need to work with maps without buildings, I work as a taxi driver in Barcelona, ​​and the buildings seriously obstruct the view of the streets.

My co-workers, they think exactly the same thing.

Tomtom ... is it possible for users of the "best and fastest tomtom go" we can choose in which conditions we want to work ??

It's amazing that I'm forced to work with buildings in 3D driving mode ..

I want to work in 3D without buildings.

I am seriously disappointed.

For this reason, I only ask TOMTOM technicians to include maps without buildings in the maps available for tomtom go 6200.

Comments

• Barnataxi
    Prominent Wayfarer
    This option:

" You could always switch to the driving view 2D rotate in direction of travel + set the zoom option to "Zoom in to road type"

I do not like it

I like driving in 3d mode
  • MikkoK
    MikkoK Retired TomTom Employee Posts: 23,905 Retired Community Moderators and Admins
    Hi Barnataxi,

Maps without 3D buildings are available for the previous generation of devices as they have less internal memory and the whole Europe map with 3D buildings doesn't fit on all the models. The GO Wi-Fi® devices have 16 GB internal memory and are not going to run out of space any time soon. Therefore the smaller maps are currently not available for them.

I remember you voicing the same concerns already when you first got your GO 6000. I'm afraid, the situation is not much different with the GO 6200. We'll be monitoring the feedback regarding this and reporting to the product team. Hopefully they can come up with a solution soon :D

Cheers, Mikko
  • Barnataxi
    Prominent Wayfarer
    Hi, Mikkok.
    Yes, it is true, I had the same problem with the go 6000.
    the problem was resolved and I was happy. But now the problem continues and I feel disappointed.
    It is so complicated to put at the disposal of the user the option of working with maps with or without buildings ??? There are several complaints from different users but they do nothing to fix it. Why do not they solve it?
    I send you a picture to check how difficult it is to work in Barcelona with buildings in 3d view with buildings.
    Please add maps without buildings, or add the option to delete buildings in 3d view.
  • Barnataxi
    Prominent Wayfarer
    Confirmed.
    I did a little survey.
    98% of Barcelona taxi drivers prefer to work with maps without buildings.
    The vast majority are disappointed with the new models for several reasons.

1.- Constant restarts.
    2.- Work with maps with buildings. It is obligatory !!!! This is incredible.
    3.- It is not possible to edit POIS from the tomtom. You need the computer to make a simple change.
    4.- Voice control is very bad.

I hope patiently that engineers and technical team of the prestigious brand TOMTOM reconsider and look for solutions for a group as big as taxi drivers.

Greetings.
    0007761 Registered Users Posts: 38
    Renowned Wayfarer
    I would like 3D maps without buildings for the 6200 too. As you can see from Barnataxi's attachment, 3D buildings make the maps unusable.
  • Aritz
    Aritz Registered Users Posts: 84
    Outstanding Wayfarer
    Optinal, TomTom, make the 3D map optional (either the download or as an ON/OFF option inside the device). Please.
  • santricity
    santricity Registered Users Posts: 26
    Prominent Wayfarer
    Is there any update to this issue? I've just got my 6200, I'm not a professional driver, but I immediately wanted to download a map without buildings. They are not there! Why TomTom? Me and my wife we prefer 3D maps without buildings, why we can't have a choice anymore?
  • dhn
    dhn Posts: 33,393
     Superuser
    You could try asking support on Monday to add a Europe map without 3D buildings to your account:
    United Kingdom
    02079 490 134
    Monday - Friday: 9:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
  • santricity
    Prominent Wayfarer
    Thank you, I will try on Monday.
    Renowned Wayfarer
    santricity wrote:

Any luck santricity?
  • santricity
    Prominent Wayfarer
    0007761 wrote:
    santricity wrote:

Any luck santricity?

Hi, TomTom has opened a case, they should let me know if they will be able to provide me a building-free map this week. I will keep you posted.
  • santricity
    Prominent Wayfarer
    Hi, that's the answer I got from the UK support:
    As per the conversation over the call, wanted to install the map without bulidings.

To resolve the query, requesting you to install one more map on the device.

You can download a map of USA.

You can then delete the map of Europe and try to download it once again.

If you have less memory on the devcie then it might give you an option to install the map without the buildings.

In case, if you have any further queries,please do not hesitate to contact us.It will be a pleasure to assist you.

I tried this yesterday and no luck... No Europe without buildings map available...

I'm calling them again.
  • santricity
    Prominent Wayfarer
    Today's TT feedback:

This is Rxxxxx, Supervisor at TomTom. I have reviewed this case and understand that you wish to install map of Europe that has less 3D buildings, on your TomTom device.

I can see three units linked to your TomTom account: [email protected]

1) Carminat TomTom LIVE
    2) GO 5100
    3) GO Professional 6200(WiFi)

All these devices are from different generations and have different map compatibililty matrix.

As per your previous contacts it seems you wish to have the Europe map with no 3D buildings on GO Professional 6200(WiFi) device. As this is new generation TomTom devices, it comes with inbuilt internal memory of 16 GB and it can easily have the complete map of Europe with 3D buildings. We only have complete map of Europe with 3D buildings for this device.

Earlier TomTom devices with lower inbuilt memory were not able to receive complete Europe map with 3D buildings and hence smaller maps with limited or no 3D buildings, were develpoed for only for those devices.

We take great interest in features and products that our customers would like to have and hence your case will be forwarded to the product management team as a feedback. However we cannot communicate iff and when there might be any update on it.

We thank you for your valuable feedback and co-operation in dealing with this issue.

Well, I agree there are different maps for different devices, byt has anyone from TT driven with 3d buildings in for example Brussels or Barcelona? I can't use it in the in the city!

I'm thinking now about returning 6200 and using my older 5100 without 3d buildings - useless, bothering, distracting option that TT forces to use.

Mod edit: Please don't post private or personal information on a public forum.Thanks!
    Renowned Wayfarer
    Thanks for chasing this up santicity even if we can hold out little hope of a positive outcome.
  • big
    big Posts: 1,719
    Superuser
    In my experience it doesn't take too much driving until the 3D buildings no longer work, then you're ok till a reboot. (Yes, half joking here.)
  • miketorcy
    miketorcy Posts: 3,560
     Superuser
    I am agree with you;, the 3D building are a gene for navigation! Also in Paris.
  • big
    big Posts: 1,719
    Superuser
    Since the 3D maps frequently stop working on their own this is a strong indication that it could be an easy software switch to disable them -- a different map version wouldn't even be required. That suggestion might be a lot simpler to implement than having a special generation of maps.
  • meeder
    meeder Registered Users Posts: 169
    Renowned Trailblazer
    The device draws the buildings based on zoom level AFAIK know so it should be an easy option in the settings to disable the buildings. They never have bothered me but when I look at the screenshot from within Barcelona it is a nightmare.

Does changing the zoom level change anything for the people having issues with the buildings?
  • jschenk
    jschenk Registered Users Posts: 6
    Master Explorer
    I just upgraded to a GO 6200 from my GO 600, please let me download Europe without buildings.