Speed reading accuracy? — TomTom Community

Speed reading accuracy?

WhitecameraWhitecamera Posts: 11 [Apprentice Seeker]
edited January 2019 in TomTom Bandit Action Camera
Hello , I was out on my bike the other night and filmed a descent . I know it was fast and do not use any kind of speedometer ,instead I rely on the speed devil feature from my Banditcam . I would like to believe that I went + 50 mph the other day but the fluctuations in speed moments before make me doubt if I did hit + 50 mph . The following clip shows speed dropping then jumping real high . What was happening and are any of the readings accurate ?[video]

Comments

• WhitecameraWhitecamera Posts: 11 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Hello , I was out on my bike the other night and filmed a descent . I know it was fast and do not use any kind of speedometer ,instead I rely on the speed devil feature from my Banditcam . I would like to believe that I went + 50 mph the other day but the fluctuations in speed moments before make me doubt if I did hit + 50 mph . The following clip shows speed dropping then jumping real high . What was happening and are any of the readings accurate ?
  • M'bikerM'biker Posts: 47 [Sovereign Trailblazer]
    I agree, it doesn't look right. I've experienced obviously incorrect elevation readings (on a motorbike) at various times, but have not had any issues with speed. It's possible you lost satellite coverage - particularly if you were riding in a hilly area.
  • Rich ZX9RRich ZX9R Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Hi I new to the forums, I've had my bandit for a week and have noticed the speed tracker is not accurate at all, especially at high speed. Is there an upper limit to what it can track, as it seems to give up at around 150-155mph?
  • M'bikerM'biker Posts: 47 [Sovereign Trailblazer]
    "... it seems to give up at 150-155 mph".
    What are you driving, then? :-)

"Is there an upper limit to what it can track..."
    Certainly not below 905 km/hr...
    [video]