Lap function in the rain

NevilleRowles
NevilleRowles Registered Users Posts: 2
Apprentice Traveler
edited January 24 in TomTom Sports
Hi, I have a runner 3 , the second tomtom I have had and I generally find them simple to use and really useful, however, the manual lap function can be at best erratic, it is either too sensitive, ie when taking off a long sleeved top and records laps galore, or if its wet becuase its raining then it simply will not work. I have put a screen protector on the glass of this one after breaking the glass on my previous version. Does anyone have any advice . Or, could tomtom not simply put a side button on like other models :)

Comments

• tfarabaugh
    tfarabaugh Posts: 16,938
    Superuser
    There really is no workaround other than keeping it dry (or not using manual laps in the rain). TomTom could add a button but that is a complete hardware redesign and would likely be many generations away. I am not sure how many users use manual laps and also run in rainy conditions so the number of affected users may be quite small, which lessens the incentive for them to remedy it (resources go to those issues with the most impact). TomTom will not comment on planned or future updates publicly (here or elsewhere) so we will just have to wait and see.

I imagine this is not what you were hoping to hear but let me know if this answered your question. If it did, please mark it as a solution so other can look for it if they have the same question.