Time differences - MySport vs Strava — TomTom Community

Time differences - MySport vs Strava

toby1kenobitoby1kenobi Posts: 30 [Renowned Trailblazer]
edited January 2019 in Runner & Multi-Sport
Runs uploaded to MySport and Strava (from my Multi-Sport Cardio watch) show different durations, which seems odd! I just did an 8km run, which MySport has as having taken 36:35 minutes, but Strava shows 36:27. Any thoughts? I definitely paused the watch a couple of times, to cross roads - is it possible MySports is including this time?

Comments

• tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,654
    Superusers
    Every site or platform has a different way of handling the data it imports. Some take the data as is while others reprocess it and apply their own calculations and smoothing algorithms to it. This second instance will result in discrepancies between the watch and the site, causing issues like you are seeing. Strava recalculates the data with their own algorithms and makes its own assumptions on stopped time based on their own thresholds and ignores watch pauses. Strava also shows moving time not elapsed time as a default, while TT shows elapsed time. If you switch the activity to a race in Strava it will show the elapsed time.

I hope this helped answer your question. If so, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.
  • toby1kenobitoby1kenobi Posts: 30 [Renowned Trailblazer]
    Thanks for replying...I may have misunderstood your answer, but I'm more confused - if Strava shows moving time instead of elapsed time, shouldn't its time be shorter (than TomToms) if anything?!
    Superusers
    In your example Strava was shorter by 8 seconds, which means in their analysis they determined there were 8 seconds where you were not moving.
  • toby1kenobitoby1kenobi Posts: 30 [Renowned Trailblazer]
    You are right, apologies for my mistake.
    Superusers
    No problem. Glad I could help. When you get a chance please mark my response as a solution so others with the same question can look for it.
This discussion has been closed.

Who's Online in this Category0