Samsung Galaxy S5 not paring — TomTom Community

Samsung Galaxy S5 not paring

thefox1959thefox1959 Posts: 5 [Apprentice Traveler]
edited January 2019 in Sports [Connect][Apps][Website]
Is there a workaround?

I reset my mobile and park 3, try to connect for hunderd times, but I am not getting an input screen to put the number in that was generated by the spark 3.

I don't understand the Galaxy S5 is supported
The following Android phones are supported:
- Samsung S7, S7 Edge, S6, S6 Edge, S5, S5 Mini, S5 Plus, S4, S4 Mini, A3, A5, Note 3, Note 4, J5,

Can someone help me?

Greetings Paul

Comments

• tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,319
    Superusers
    You first need to remove the watch from the phone's BT menu (in iOS you have it forget the device) after you reset or try pairing again. The steps are: factory reset the watch (which you did), uninstall the app (you can probably skip this as you just installed it), remove or forget the watch from the phone's BT menu, reinstall the app (only if you uninstalled the app), select Pair New on the app, select Pair New on watch (press down from the clock and select Phone>Pair New, not Sync) and follow the prompts on the phone. You should not be pairing the watch first through the phone's BT menu; it is all done through the app and you must have the phone forget the watch in the BT menu before re-pairing.

I hope this helped answer your question. If so, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.
  • thefox1959thefox1959 Posts: 5 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Thanks for your suggestion. Unfortunate, it did not work. After I select Pair New on the watch, I get the watch to see in the app on the Phone. But that's it, it keeps trying to connect, after 25 seconds, the watch with the Pairing code disappeared to Phone selection.
  • thefox1959thefox1959 Posts: 5 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Watch software version: Version 1.3.255
    Phone model Samsum Galaxy S5
    Model nr: SM-G901F
    Android version 6.0.1
    MySports app version 4.0.3

A year ago there were users with the same problem, and it's still not working, why?
  • BonviCRBonviCR Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    tfarabaugh wrote:
    You first need to remove the watch from the phone's BT menu (in iOS you have it forget the device) after you reset or try pairing again. The steps are: factory reset the watch (which you did), uninstall the app (you can probably skip this as you just installed it), remove or forget the watch from the phone's BT menu, reinstall the app (only if you uninstalled the app), select Pair New on the app, select Pair New on watch (press down from the clock and select Phone>Pair New, not Sync) and follow the prompts on the phone. You should not be pairing the watch first through the phone's BT menu; it is all done through the app and you must have the phone forget the watch in the BT menu before re-pairing.

I hope this helped answer your question. If so, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.

Samsung S4 , problem resolved- thanks you