Re-Sync Runner 3 Watch. — TomTom Community

Re-Sync Runner 3 Watch.

PhillJPhillJ Posts: 4 [Neophyte Traveler]
edited January 2019 in Sports [Connect][Apps][Website]
Yesterday I accidently deleted my latest run on my MySports app. All the details are still in the watch but I cant seem to reload the watch. When I try and resync the latest run will still not show. Can anyone help please as I would really like it recorded as it was my furthest run to date. Thank you.

Comments

• tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,676
    Superusers
    To force MySports to reupload an activity you need to do the following:
    1. Exit MySports Connect on your computer (you must use a computer to reupload – right click on the tray icon and select Exit).
    2. Locate the ttbin files:

PC Syncing: The ttbins are saved in a dated folder for the date of the activity under C:\Users\{User Name}\TomTom MySports\{Watch Name}

Apple Devices: Locate the ttbin files in iTunes:
    a. Connect your iOS device to your computer and wait for iTunes to open.
    b. Select your iOS device in the iTunes sidebar.
    c. Select the Apps tab and scroll down to File Sharing.
    d. Select MySports.
    e. The ttbin files are listed on the right hand side.
    f. Right-click (Mac: ctrl-click) a file to copy it and save it to your computer

Android Devices: In Android, the ttbin files are stored on the internal SD in (/sdcard/TomTom_MySports/[serial number of watch]/workouts/uploaded/). Copy them to your computer

3. Place the ttbin files in C:\Users\[user name]\TomTom MySports\[serial number]
    4. Restart MySports Connect and connect your watch
    5. Go the Settings page (click the gear icon on the top right) and press the 'Try again' button to re-upload the files.

I hope this helped answer your question. If so, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.
  • PhillJPhillJ Posts: 4 [Neophyte Traveler]
    This doesn't help at all. I have deleted the files from my phone and MySports it only shows a workout on the watch. It would be better if you could undelete a workout on the MySports Website.
  • tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,676
    Superusers
    All that is on the watch is the 6 summary figures that it shows in the history. The memory is cleared and the data is saved in the ttbin file when you sync. Unfortunately if you deleted the ttbin file and cannot recover it there is no way to get the workout back. The ttbins should be retained for this reason. How would it undelete, you told them to erase it when you deleted the activity? Otherwise there would be no point in having it deletable if you wanted them to save it in case you changed your mind. That is why they have the mechanism to reupload through the ttbin file.

You can start a new activity, immediately stop and save it and then upload it. You can then go into MySports and edit the activity with the correct distance, time, etc... The date and time of the activity will not be correct but it will get added into your lifetime totals and other stats.

I imagine this is not what you were hoping to hear but let me know if this answered your question. If it did, please mark it as a solution so other can look for it if they have the same question.
    Yeah I did have the idea, and was wondering if the date could be changed. No worries. Thanks for the help. With regards to why would they allow you to undelete, same principle as a recycle bin or the recovery on an email my friend.
    Solution.