TomTom Sports Watch: Using heart rate montior without storage

LoubieLou
LoubieLou Registered Users Posts: 2
Apprentice Traveler
edited January 24 in TomTom Sports
Hi everyone - I'm doing the Inca Trail later this week and need to use my heart rate monitor due to a heart condition. Having tested the watch on long walks, the storage would be full after one day and needless to say, i will not be able to download it while on the trail! The stop watch feature doesn't monitor heart rate. Please can anyone help me understand if there's a way to turn the storage/GPS capability off on 'run' or 'freestyle' mode while still using the heart rate function?

thank you
Louise

Comments

• tfarabaugh
    tfarabaugh Posts: 17,004
     Superuser
    Just use it in gym mode, which will record HR without GPS (it is the indoor version of freestyle). You will get at least 24 hours of recording time if the backlight is off and you do not use music or trails. You will not get a recorded track and it will not record distance as you have no GPS enabled.

I hope this helped answer your question. If so, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.
  • LoubieLou
    LoubieLou Registered Users Posts: 2
    Apprentice Traveler
    Thanks for taking the time to reply! I don't have a 'gym' mode though, do you mean treadmill?
  • tfarabaugh
    tfarabaugh Posts: 17,004
     Superuser
    LoubieLou wrote:
    Thanks for taking the time to reply! I don't have a 'gym' mode though, do you mean treadmill?

What model watch are you using? If you have no Gym mode it means you have a Runner1 or MultiSport, which is a very old model (and you are posting in the wrong forum). In that case, use treadmill mode. You will still get HR recorded and it will actually give you an estimated distance based on your strides.

I hope this helped answer your question. If so, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.