Adventurer autonomy — TomTom Community

Adventurer autonomy

RuiVarelaRuiVarela Posts: 1 [New Traveler]
edited November 2018 in TomTom Adventurer

My proposal to TOM TOM, to include in the next software release, is at least allow the user to charge it during the activity (mode). Actually when the watch is connected to charger it starts a reset and stops the activity record.
I hope this suggestion can be taken into account by the development team.

Rui

Comments

• tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,816
    Superusers
    Battery life is rated for around 5 hours for GPS/HR/Music, 9 for GPS/HR, 11 for GPS only, 2 weeks for watch only (that includes pause time as the sensors are still on - so if during a 2 hour activity you had 30 minutes of pause it was 2:30 of battery life, not just the 2 hours it was recording for). Those of course are estimates and best case scenario and are impacted by usage (using backlight, switching screens, using the trails feature etc.) and environmental conditions (overcast skies, tree cover, tall buildings, etc.). If you have night mode or the backlight on that is going to impact it greatly. I have found that they are pretty accurate estimates and my usage and testing has pretty well matched them. Bear in mind that the battery gauge is a rough estimate at best and I have gone many hours when it indicates that it was almost empty. Other than HR and Music did you have any other features running (trails, training mode, etc.) or were you switching screens a lot? You can also use a chest strap or other external HR sensor rather than the built-in one, which will add some battery life.

On the charging during an activity, unfortunately the answer is it is not easily done (and is realistically not possible), regardless of how it is programmed. You cannot wear it while it is charging, so you would not have HR and since it will likely be in a pack you would cut off the music as well. If you start it plugged into a power bank and leave it in the whole time, letting the bank run out and naturally switch to watch battery it will not reset. However, since you cannot wear it while it is charging, the trick is getting the cradle to not come loose the entire time (which will cause a reset), which is likely if it is in a pack. You could try taping it or something possibly, but I would practice it ahead of time. You're better off using multiple devices and joining the files together afterwards. You will still have two entries in MySports but you can upload the joined file to anywhere else you log your activities, like Strava.

I imagine this is not what you were hoping to hear but let me know if this answered your question. If it did, please mark it as a solution so other can look for it if they have the same question.
This discussion has been closed.

Who's Online in this Category0