Hotfix update v1.16.1 for GO Mobile for Android available for download — TomTom Community

Hotfix update v1.16.1 for GO Mobile for Android available for download

MikkoKMikkoK Posts: 23,905 Retired Community Managers and Staff
Hi all,

We've just released a hotfix update v1.16.1 for GO Mobile for Android and it's available for download in Google PlayStore.

[h3]What's new?[/h3]
Bug fixes and improvements.

NOTE: This release fixes the Dutch TTS Voice issue (“backslash” pronounced between instructions) and the issue with contacts list not being in alphabetical order.

Drive safe! :D

Cheers, Mikko

Comments

• jefken153jefken153 Posts: 37 [Master Explorer]
    MikkoK wrote:
    Hi all,

We've just released a hotfix update v1.16.1 for GO Mobile for Android and it's available for download in Google PlayStore.

[h3]What's new?[/h3]
    Bug fixes and improvements.

Thanks

NOTE: This release fixes the Dutch TTS Voice issue (“backslash” pronounced between instructions) and the issue with contacts list not being in alphabetical order.

Drive safe! :D

Cheers, Mikko
  • RGM71RGM71 Posts: 377 [Supreme Trailblazer]
    After installing this update I now have a problem with Dutch voice Xander (which I didn't have before and I also had no issue with Xander saying "backslash"). Every time I start the app, TomTom shows notification 'This voice is not suitable for current language of the device.'
    I only have voice Xander installed. After showing this message, the app suggests to use another voice ("Eva"). But when I continue and select "Xander" again (by simply selecting "Xander" as a voice I want to use), there's no problem at all; it works just as expected.

Issue is that now every time when starting the app I see this notification about currect language of the device (which I believe is untrue, and there's nothing changed with it since I bought the device) and I have to select "Xander" again manually.

The current voice of my device is 'Nederlands (Nederland)'. I updated the app in Germany, where I am on holidays right now.

What did I do already to solve this?
    * Removed voice "Xander" and downloaded new one > No effect.
    * Removed cache and forced the app to stop through application management on smartphone > No effect.
    * Reset the app completely > No effect.
    * Removed the app completely and installed it again > No effect.

I'm out of solutions now. Has anyone an idea?
    My device is a SM-G901F with Android 6.0.1.

By the way: I already informed Customer Service about this.
    Choose ellen
  • 4frank24frank2 Posts: 8 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Since this update voice instructions seems to be incomplete. It starts but does not finish. Changed from "Bram" to "Eva". Did not help. This only happens since a few days.
  • MikkoKMikkoK Posts: 23,905 Retired Community Managers and Staff
    Hi Frank,

Welcome to the Community!

I'd recommend you to do a fresh installation of the app. You can save and restore My Places with MyDrive.

Cheers, Mikko
    Hi Mikko,

Do you also have a suggestion for me, please?
    I already tried several options, among them a fresh installation, but until now nothing works.
    I've still heard nothing from CS, though I made a report before last weekend.
    Ik heb met de stem van ellen (vlaams meisje) geen problemen
    Dank je, jefken153.
    Ik ook niet, maar ik wil de Nederlandse stem Xander gebruiken en niet de stem van het Vlaamse meisje Ellen. En Xander doet het ook gewoon, maar de app geeft aan dat de huidige stem (Xander dus) niet geschikt is voor de huidige taal van het apparaat, terwijl daar nog nooit iets in is gewijzigd en deze gewoon op Nederlands (Nederland) staat, de moederstaal van Xander dus. Ik moet alleen nu telkens wel eerst Xander selecteren; dat kan toch niet de bedoeling zijn.

Thanks, jefken153.
    I also don't have a problem with Ellen, but I want to use Xander and not Ellen. And Xander is functioning normally, but the app shows that this voice (which is Xander's) is not suitable for current language of the device, while this has never been changed and is set to Dutch (Netherlands) which is Xander's native language. But now when I want to use the app, I have to select Xander every time I; I don't think it's meant to be that way.
  • VikramKVikramK Posts: 10,204 Moderator
    Hi RGM71

I had a look at your contact history and I see the last incident you started with the customer service was in regards to the Traffic issue.

Unfortunately, I don't see an incident to report the voice issue, could you start a fresh incident reporting this, please?

Regards
    Vikram
    Thanks Vikram,

I just did.

Regards,
    RGM71
  • RealavdstegeRealavdstege Posts: 14 [Outstanding Explorer]
    Hello i have also a problem with this hotfix.
    After the upgrade he start first with Dutch voice Xander and then the instruction will be switched to Eva.
    Even i have selected the Xander as default Voice
    Also the instructions is strange
    When you come between a roundabout now he /she always say "go the roundabout round and first exit"
    In the other version he was not always say go the roundabout but only at the roundabout go the first junction . etc..
  • [Gelöschter Benutzer][Gelöschter Benutzer] Posts: 5,321 [Supreme Trailblazer]
    Also the instructions is strange
    When you come between a roundabout now he /she always say "go the roundabout round and first exit"
    In the other version he was not always say go the roundabout but only at the roundabout go the first junction . etc..
    https://en.discussions.tomtom.com/go-5xxx-6xxx-series-go-4xx-6xx-series-go-via-and-start-4x-6x-series-mydrive-connect-176/spoken-instructions-at-roundabouts-after-recent-update-1022036
  • RealavdstegeRealavdstege Posts: 14 [Outstanding Explorer]
    Hello i have tested the issue from RGM71 and i have the same with this version.
    Samsung S5 Neo Android 6.

When i have two voices installed ( Eva and Xander ) and i have selected Xander. the voice will be Xander.
    But when i restart the application then First Xander is saying something and then Eva is again coming to speak
    I prefer to use Xander but not always to select after starting the Application.
    so the workaround for me was to REMOVE Eva from my application and only let Xander as Voice
    I have feeling that the app is always selecting the First Voice in the Alphabetic list ( E... )

I hope this will also be solved.
    Hi Realavdstege,

Please note, that Xander is a computer voice and Eva a recorded voice. If you have Read aloud arrival time chosen your arrival time will always be read by a computer voice in the selected language. The subsequent voice instructions when you start driving are read by the voice you've selected for voice instructions.

Could you check and confirm if the selected voice indeed changes when you restart the app? Does that happen also if you don't have Read aloud arrival time selected?

Thanks, Mikko
  • PinkmanPinkman Posts: 7 [Master Explorer]
    Hi

Since I've done this update I getting dual voice problems too.

After the upgrade it starts with New Zealand voice Katrina then U.K. voice Serena(?) takes over. Some instructions such as traffic seem to be using Katrina but general directions are with a U.K. voice. This occurs using bluetooth, over headphones or the mobile phones speaker.The voice directions are cut off before finishing and finish when restarting the app.

I'm now working as a motorcycle courier, and the app now constantly stops working (crashes) when GPS signal is lost around Auckland city. This does not happen on the open road or motorways.

I did not notice these symptoms before the patch v1.16.1.

My mobile phone is a Samsung Galaxy Note3 model SM-N9005.
    Android version 5.0 with all the relevant Samsung updates.
    Last week I reported the issue I have with Xander-voice to Customer Service. I got a reply from CS that they sended the issue to developers of the GO Mobile app to analyse and fix it.

If you got similar issues, then probably it's wise to report them to CS as well.
    MikkoK wrote:
    Hi Frank,

Welcome to the Community!

I'd recommend you to do a fresh installation of the app. You can save and restore My Places with MyDrive.

Cheers, Mikko

I did try a new installation, and now it does not start at all. I get the message 'telephone memory full, check memory and try again''. And there is enough memory on the phone.
    Tried again, same result.
    Hi Frank,

I'd recommend you to clear the app cache and data from Application Manager and try again.

Cheers, Mikko
    MikkoK wrote:
    Hi Frank,

I'd recommend you to clear the app cache and data from Application Manager and try again.

Cheers, Mikko

No effect, same errror message.
    Ingore previous message. It works again
    Hi Frank,

I'm sorry to hear your issue persists!

I'd recommend you to contact Customer Service. They'll be able to get to the bottom of your issue and assist you accordingly.

Cheers, Mikko
    Meanwhile I got reaction from CS that related to the voice-issue I experience there will probably be a fix in the next update.
  • RafiuxRafiux Posts: 1 [New Traveler]
    'This voice is not suitable for current language of the device.' => you should to move app to internal memory mobile (Not MicroSD for internal use Android 6+)
  • Kiranp88Kiranp88 Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Rafiux wrote:
    'This voice is not suitable for current language of the device.' => you should to move app to internal memory mobile (Not MicroSD for internal use Android 6+)

Thank you so much Rafiux :D - I decided to give up after multiple firmware flashes, tomtom versions and scouring the internet for the same issue.
    How on earth did you find this fix!?

A heads up to TOMTOM engineers, having the app on the SD card should not pose a problem in detecting the device language.