Adventurer battery life — TomTom Community

Adventurer battery life

Mini MansellMini Mansell Posts: 25 [Outstanding Explorer]
edited January 2019 in TomTom Adventurer
I am finding i get 5 hours of use only in cycling mode. is this to be expected?

Comments

• tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,347
    Superusers
    It will depend on what sensors and features you have running. Battery life is rated for around 5 hours for GPS/HR/Music, 9 for GPS/HR, 11 for GPS only, 2 weeks for watch only (that includes pause time as the sensors are still on - so if during a 2 hour activity you had 30 minutes of pause it was 2:30 of battery life, not just the 2 hours it was recording for). Those of course are estimates and best case scenario and are impacted by usage (using backlight, switching screens, etc.) and environmental conditions (overcast skies, tree cover, tall buildings, etc.). If you have night mode or the backlight on that is going to impact it greatly. I have found that they are pretty accurate estimates and my usage and testing has pretty well matched them. Bear in mind that the battery gauge is a rough estimate at best and I have gone many hours when it indicates that it was almost empty.

I hope this helped answer your question. If so, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.
  • Mini MansellMini Mansell Posts: 25 [Outstanding Explorer]
    Cycle mode
    GPS
    HR

No music.

Maximum of 5.5 hours
  • tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,347
    Superusers
    That is on the short side, it should be longer (although I do not get the full potential (no one does, those are best case) but in running with GPS & HR I get 7-8 hours. Are you using the trails feature or changing screens a lot or using the backlight? How old is the unit?

You may want to call Customer Support to ask them about it, but I would try a factory reset first in case it is just an issue in your firmware install. To do a factory reset, make sure the Connect software is running and dock the device to your computer. The Connect window will open; press the gear at the top right and select factory reset from the next screen. Follow the steps provided and when prompted to register or sign in to MySports, select sign in and use your existing account credentials. It is fairly straightforward and should take less than 5 minutes.

To get the number for Customer Support, go to tomtom.com/support, choose Contact at the bottom, select the service required and the product name and click Contact Customer Care and then Phone Us. It will give you the phone number for the country your account is registered under (this can be changed by clicking the flag icon in the bottom right corner of the screen).

I hope this helped answer your question. If so, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.
  • Mini MansellMini Mansell Posts: 25 [Outstanding Explorer]
    I have just reset the watch, will see if that has an impact