Reset on Golfer — TomTom Community

Reset on Golfer

thefatgitukthefatgituk Posts: 14 [Outstanding Explorer]
edited January 2019 in Golfer & Golfer 2
Hi all,
Can anyone help ? I've come to use my watch and it says it need to be reset. Plug it into the computer and followed the instructions. Then when I get to sign in and register it keeps telling me there is a problem registering your device but doesn't give any details. Is there anything that can be done as not able to use watch now
Thanx in advance
Ian

Comments

• Stuart McDonaldStuart McDonald Posts: 759 [Exalted Navigator]
    Hi, Are you still having a problem? Have you tried resetting your password? Are you using Sports Connect on the PC and it is opening the browser to register, but the browser then displays an error?

Thanks,
    Stuart.
  • thefatgitukthefatgituk Posts: 14 [Outstanding Explorer]
    Hi, yeah still not working. Have reset password and followed the directions on the pc to reset the watch, which it does. They it say I have to sign in and register watch to complete. When I try to do that it just tells me there is a problem registering device. It won't let me do anything after that and doesn't tell me what the problem is
    Thanx
    Hi. Can you close clear cookies in your browser and close it down. Then connect the watch to Sports Connect and when it opens the browser try and register. Let me know the time you try this and I'll have a look at the server logs to see if I can see the problem.

Also, can you use the Submit App Data in the Advanced section of the PC Sports Connect settings page (cog icon, top right) to send the PC log files. Do this with the watch connected.

Thanks,
    Stuart.
    Hi I've just got in from work so I'll try this in the next 10 minutes
    Thanx
    Hi Stuart, I've done this. After you enter e-mail and password to register it still keeps say there is a problem. Also sent the app data via PC sports connect
    Thanks again
    Ian
    Hi Stuart, I've done this. After you enter e-mail and password to register it still keeps say there is a problem. Also sent the app data via PC sports connect
    Thanks again
    Ian
    Hi. Thanks for that. I think it might be something to with the browser, from the user agent it's seems to be something to with Avast Safe Zone. I think it is not accepting the login cookie. All I can suggest is to try a different browser.

Unfortunately I am off until next Tuesday, but let me know how you get on.

Sorry,
    Stuart.
    Thank you for your help I'll try that later.
    Enjoy your days off ?
    Ian
    Hi Stuart
    Just to let you know I managed to disable the avast and everything worked fine. Watch is all sorted
    Thank you for your help
    Ian