Padlock Icon not Does Display Green For Unread — TomTom Community

Padlock Icon not Does Display Green For Unread

tgoldtgold Posts: 2,178 [Revered Voyager]
edited January 2019 in Forum feedback
I was puzzled that a forum showed a green bubble to indicate the presence of one or more unread topics but in the topic list nothing was green. Apparently only the thread bubble icons show in green for unread posts but the padlock icons do not, and that seems wrong to me.

Comments

• MikkoKMikkoK Posts: 23,905 Retired Community Managers and Staff
    Hi tgold,

Can you first try to log out and in again? If that doesn't help, please clear your browser cookies.

Cheers, Mikko
  • tgoldtgold Posts: 2,178 [Revered Voyager]
    MikkoK wrote:
    Can you first try to log out and in again? If that doesn't help, please clear your browser cookies.
    Thanks but that did not help. If I open a browser on Discussions Home and compact or nest several groups of forums and then just type F5 to reload the browser, every group is again expanded. This is new (and undesirable) behaviour and it is the same under Firefox, Opera and Chrome.

Are you seeing something different?

P.S. Big Whoops! but that comment was related to the thread Stickyness of Expanded and Compressed Forum Groups.

As to this one about padlocks not being green for unread topics, there is no test I can perform that will make a locked thread unread by me.
  • NiallNiall Posts: 10,854
    Superuser
    @MikkoK

I get the same as "tgold" even after clearing all TomTom cookies and using Edge, Firefox, and Chrome
    Superuser
    @MikkoK

Here is an examplebec6ed92-8a5c-4295-9e5a-372cba99ed9b.jpgnote the second topic has been locked by a moderator after "Jake Tse" wrote his comment, but the padlock should be green
    Hi all,

Thanks for the info!

Please note, that we're currently discussing here two (or three) different things: The read status of boards shown on the landing page and the read status of topics shown on the boards. Could you elaborate on which one you're having issues with, please? Or does this affect both?

@ Niall: Locked topics don't have unread status so the icon is always grey.

Cheers, Mikko
  • tgoldtgold Posts: 2,178 [Revered Voyager]
    MikkoK wrote:
    Please note, that we're currently discussing here two (or three) different things: The read status of boards shown on the landing page and the read status of topics shown on the boards. Could you elaborate on which one you're having issues with, please? Or does this affect both?

@ Niall: Locked topics don't have unread status so the icon is always grey.
    My problem is the combination of those two which means that unread locked topics remain grey however their being unread causes the read status of that board to go green. So one finds a board marked green/unread but there is no green/unread topic to be seen there.
    Superuser
    @MikkoK

This comes about when a moderator locks a topic just after someone adds a comment!
    Like in the screen shot above ;) as "Jake Tse" wrote his comment on a very old (4 years) topic and then it was locked. As can be seen by the "1 new"
    Thanks, tgold! Are you sure there aren't some old topics somewhere on further pages that you've missed? Can you try the Mark this forum as read button and see if that makes a difference?

@ Niall: We try to close old topics to keep the content here relevant. Sometimes it may happen that someone bumps an old topic but it's not really "an issue".

Cheers, Mikko
    Superuser
    @Mikko

You have just done it yourself by making the announcement about maps v9.90 and then two minutes later closing the v9.85 announcement with
    MikkoK wrote:
    ...The new v990 maps are out now so let's continue the discussion there

I'll close this topic.
    ;)
    Thus masking the 9.90 announcement till someone comments on it!!
    Hi Niall,

So I did :) But I'm sure someone comments on the new topic soon :D

Cheers, Mikko