Check SD Card — TomTom Community

Check SD Card

frankelfertfrankelfert Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
edited January 2019 in TomTom Bandit Action Camera
Since last week I receive the message "check SD card", after a couple of minutes.
I tried to format the SD card according the procedure on the website (so formatting on the Bandit). But no result. The SD card is on the compatible list (San DISK Ultra 64GB).

I also tried another card, but exactly the same problem :( . I'm thinking about sending the camera back for support, but did i miss something? I need the camera next week because of an event. I have now used the camera for about 4 months without any trouble, i almost can't believe there is something broken :?

I still was able to record an timelaps for 15 minutes and after that i tried and slommotion, but since then the Bandit fails time after time, also with normal recording modes.

Comments

• lampardlampard Posts: 4,837 Moderator
    Hi frankelfert,

Welcome to the Community!

Can you please check software version number of your TomTom Bandit camera? The latest version is 1.61.508 and I would advise you to update the software if it's not latest using the steps in public FAQ here: Updating your Bandit Software

Let us know how it goes!

Cheers,
    lampard
  • ZippyUKZippyUK Posts: 3 [Neophyte Traveler]
    Hi frankelfert, I had this a couple of days ago on both my cameras, repaired card, formatted card to no avail. I done a reset on both cameras and this seems to have sorted it.
  • Jez_2Jez_2 Posts: 7 [Master Explorer]
    Bought NEW and Bullet repeatedly records once then "check SD card" guess I'll be returning it and getting a Go Pro.
    Latest software 1.61.508, formatted and tried 3 cards, totally unreliable.
  • lampardlampard Posts: 4,837 Moderator
    Hi Jez_2,

Welcome to the Community!

I would advise you to contact the customer support to report it to them as they can dig in more deeply than we can on the user forum. You can click on 'Contact us' option at the bottom of this page to email/call them.

Cheers, lampard
    Thank you for the suggestion but no response to question posted to "Contact us", I guess the issue is significant.
    Camera goes back today.
  • VikramKVikramK Posts: 10,204 Moderator
    Hi Jez_2

I have sent a heads up to the customer service with regards to the incident you have started. Your case should be picked up on a priority and a response should be sent today.

Sorry about the delay..

Regards
    Vikram
  • dualcyclonedualcyclone Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Hi,

I have just opened a support ticket for this exact same problem (# 1806xx-xxxxxx) - I have checked and I also have the most up to date firmware version.

Essentially, when the TomTom Bandit camera is attached to my motorcycle helmet, it will stop recording of its own accord, and upon inspection at the end of my ride, the screen will say "Check SD Card"

So, when I've been stationary, at a desk, I have set the camera up to record without moving it so I can observe what happens - it'll record happily until the battery runs dry; I have consistently had the same result every single time I've used this for the past 5 days; it will stop recording when I'm riding my motorbike, but following the ride, I will set the camera up to record stationary on a desk and it'll work fine.

The only thing I have noticed that when it is stationary on my desk, the camera gets extremely hot, but this does not seem to impede it from doing its only job, and that is recording a video.

I am going to have another few tries of this, but I have to assume currently that somehow the connections on the batt-stick perhaps move or become disconnected during use, resulting in some kind of read/write failure to the SD card? The only difference between each test scenario is movement, so this seems the only plausible explanation.

If this is the case, then surely the whole premise of this camera is flawed from the outset.

Mod Edit: Please do not post any personal information on a public forum!