Strap Issues

Pranjal
Pranjal Registered Users Posts: 1
New Traveler
edited January 24 in TomTom Sports
My tomtom Spark runner 2 strap has now broken twice within a year from the same place. It points to poor design. Replacement strap not easily available in India. What can I do?

Comments

• tfarabaugh
    tfarabaugh Posts: 16,943
     Superuser
    At this point I would suggest calling Customer Support to see what they can do. There is little to be done on the user forum. To get the number for Customer Support, go to tomtom.com/support, choose Contact at the bottom, select the service required and the product name and click Contact Customer Care and then Phone Us. It will give you the phone number for the country your account is registered under (this can be changed by clicking the flag icon in the bottom right corner of the screen).

I hope this helped answer your question. If so, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.
  • dpelchat
    dpelchat Registered Users Posts: 48
    Prominent Wayfarer
    Try to get the new Adventurer strap, which seems to be a new design. It looks like a regular watch strap and should last longer.
  • fernandosn
    fernandosn Registered Users Posts: 2
    Apprentice Traveler
    I have a Multisport cardio and the strap has been damaged 4 times because it is clearly of poor quality ... the worst thing is that they have discontinued the spare.
  • sinj
    sinj Registered Users Posts: 5
    Master Traveler
    yep - I've had two replacements and they've both worn out and now *I think* I'm out of warranty. They are flawed in design. I do not "abuse" them, they just split, particularly around/near the unit as it is inserted.

My Garmin forerunner I wore everyday for 6 years and the strap is as good as new.
  • mahadevan
    mahadevan Registered Users Posts: 2
    Apprentice Traveler
    I have the same problem. I have tried sending them email and contacting the customer care number in India. Unfortunately nobody is responding to my calls or emails!

Did you get your strap replaced?
  • mahadevan
    mahadevan Registered Users Posts: 2
    Apprentice Traveler
    As a follow up, finally the customer service in India responded to my call.

I told the customer service executive that I had purchased my Runner 3 online from a foreign website called Trekkinn and now the strap is broken.

1. The executive asked me to provide the invoice of the purchase and said that if the invoice is made in Indian Rupee (INR), then she can consider for a replacement of the strap.
    2. When I produced the invoice, she said that Trekkinn is not an authorized TomTom dealer and she cannot be sure whether my product is genuine or not.
    3. I provided her the Serial number that can be obtained from the TomTom Sports Connect application when you connect the device to the computer via USB. She said that she cannot use the serial number to verify if the device is valid or not

I am pretty sure that TomTom can verify the warranty if they can take a look at my serial number and invoice. I think the customer service is pathetic atleast in India as they are simply dodging and trying to avoid something which seems to be their problem.

My question is:

1. Can anyone point me to a higher level customer exec person to whom I can talk with?
    2. Can anyone suggest me a way to find out the warranty details of my TomTom Runner 3?
  • MikkoK
    MikkoK Retired TomTom Employee Posts: 23,905 Retired Community Managers and Staff
    Hi mahadevan,

Welcome to the Community!

As the agent informed you, he's checking what can be done here. He'll be back to shortly about it :D

For TomTom's warranty terms, please see tomtom.com/legal.

For anyone else following this topic, should you run into problems with your strap you can request a warranty replacement here.

Cheers, Mikko
  • ZuzanaK
    ZuzanaK Registered Users Posts: 8
    Master Explorer
    Happened to me twice. The quality is veey poor. I just gave a call to customer support and they immidiately sent me a new one. It took 2-3 days to have it replaced. I was very satisfied with the process.