Runner 2 watch stops reading playlists

joaomribeiro
joaomribeiro Registered Users Posts: 3
Apprentice Traveler
edited January 24 in TomTom Sports
Hello guys!

Until a few weeks ago, my Runner2 was working perfectly.
I was able to upload my playlists of Windows Media Player and listen in the watch.

The problem starts today, when i delete all playlists and create anothers.
I can make the upload of the playlists and they appear to be installed on the watch as the image shows.

If i go to the directory of the music on the watch, it shows the playlists too.

But, when i go to the watch, in the option of Playlist it tells me to ADD new musics if i want to ear...... :|

I really don't understand why this happens....
Can please help me?

Many thanks!

Comments

• joaomribeiro
    Apprentice Traveler
    Good morning guys.
    The watch is protected by Bitlocker, because of Company polities...

Do you think that this could be the problem?

Thanks!
  • tfarabaugh
    tfarabaugh Posts: 16,932
    Superuser
    I would start all over and clear the music partition of the watch and the reload the playlists. You need to exit out of MySports Connect (right click on the tray icon and select exit), navigate to the watch in a file explorer window (it mounts as a hard drive) and delete everything in the Music folder. Then restart MySports Connect and it will rescan and show it as free memory. Until MySports Connect is restarted it will not recognize the space as being free. You can then reload all of the playlists.

I hope this helped answer your question. If so, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.
  • joaomribeiro
    Apprentice Traveler
    Don't work mate! :(

Another sugestion?
  • tfarabaugh
    Superuser
    At this point I would suggest calling Customer Support to see what they can do. They are able to more deeply investigate and diagnose problems than we can here on the user forum. To get the number for Customer Support, go to tomtom.com/support, choose Contact at the bottom, select the service required and the product name and click Contact Customer Care and then Phone Us. It will give you the phone number for the country your account is registered under (this can be changed by clicking the flag icon in the bottom right corner of the screen).

I hope this helped answer your question. If so, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.
  • Mark Bartlett
    Mark Bartlett Staff Posts: 23 Staff
    Bitlocker will encrypt all the music/playlist files added to the watch. The watch firmware cannot decrypt the files or even know what files exist, therefore it thinks there is no music on the watch.
  • tfarabaugh
    Superuser
    Bitlocker will encrypt all the music/playlist files added to the watch. The watch firmware cannot decrypt the files or even know what files exist, therefore it thinks there is no music on the watch.

Mark, thanks for catching that. I am not familiar with Bitlocker. Are there other programs that will do the same thing?
  • Mark Bartlett
    Mark Bartlett Staff Posts: 23 Staff
    tfarabaugh wrote:
    I am not familiar with Bitlocker. Are there other programs that will do the same thing?

BitLocker is Microsoft's Full Disk Encryption implementation for Windows. There are other implementations both for Windows and other Operating Systems i.e. FileVault on macOS. In other cases the watch may just see the encrypted filesystem as an invalid or unsupported file system. The watch will return an error to TomTom Sports Connect which will offer to reformat the disk.

With BitLocker if you don't have the password or decryption key you will see dummy, valid filesystem that contains a link to help documentation. This means the watch doesn't know anything is 'wrong' with the file system and doesn't report an error. When the watch is plugged into the PC the drive is decrypted and Sports Connect can happily copy the playlists.