Unable to upload latest run after iPhone sync with another account

Bompak
Bompak Registered Users Posts: 2
Apprentice Traveler
edited January 24 in TomTom Sports
I have a Spark 3 Cardio on software v1.3.255 and am using Sports Connect v3.2.5. I only sync with my PC via USB but recently lent my watch to my wife, who synced with the iPhone app logged in to her TomTom account.

Now it appears I cannot sync any of my recent runs via USB to my PC and I get the message "ACTIVITY NOT FOUND We cannot find your activity. Perhaps you have used an outdated link or you are not logged in as the owner of the activity?"

I have located the .ttbin files and placed these in \TomTom Sports\[serial] and then restarted Sports Connect and clicked on the (newly appeared) 'Try Again' button under Settings. This claims to be successful and the files first get renamed and then disappear, but the activities do not show in My Sports.

I get the same error message from My Sports when I click on the shortcut link in the data folder under TomTom Sports\[Device Name]\Date.

My guess is that the iPhone sync has somehow corrupted my TomTom account - any ideas how I fix this?

Comments

• Bompak
    Bompak Registered Users Posts: 2
    Apprentice Traveler
    Ah - full reset of watch seemed to fix it, followed by the .ttbin to \[serial] and 'Try Again' :$
  • lampard
    lampard Administrators Posts: 5,949
    Hi Bompak,

Welcome to the Community!

Glad to know that you were able to sort the issue by making a factory reset on the watch. I've marked your second response as an answer and added some public tags so that other users can find this post. :)

Cheers,
    lampard
  • Mickey15
    Mickey15 Registered Users Posts: 1
    Apprentice Traveler
    Following the recent update for my watch, I subsequently was unable to sync my watch with my phone. I then looked at the troubleshooting advice and unpaired my watch from my phone. I have followed the instructions on pairing and have attempted this numerous times without success. I really don't want to do a factory reset, as all my previous data will be lost i.e. Nearly 10 months of runs recorded. Any suggestions other than get a new watch?
  • tfarabaugh
    tfarabaugh Posts: 16,935
    Superuser
    Mickey15 wrote:
    Following the recent update for my watch, I subsequently was unable to sync my watch with my phone. I then looked at the troubleshooting advice and unpaired my watch from my phone. I have followed the instructions on pairing and have attempted this numerous times without success. I really don't want to do a factory reset, as all my previous data will be lost i.e. Nearly 10 months of runs recorded. Any suggestions other than get a new watch?

A factory reset will not cause you to lose any data, the watch syncs when you first plug it in so everything is saved on MySports and your settings are reset afterwards. All you lose is the wheel size in cycling and turning splits on & off in running, as these are watch settings, not user settings. The history is erased from the watch but this clears itself every 10 activities anyway. The music is on a different drive that is untouched during a reset and MySports is not affected. The reset itself takes less than 5 minutes.