How to start music AFTER you have started your workout?

Mike Bike
Mike Bike Registered Users Posts: 1
New Traveler
edited January 24 in TomTom Sports
Hi,
When the Spark 3 Music is in 'rest' position with the time showing, you have to push 'up' to get the watch to connect to your headset. Yesterday i started my bike run, but forgot to connect my headset before the workout. In the 'cycling' mode however, there seemed not to be a possibility to connect to the headset by pushing 'up', i think it showed a compass, but not the 'seeking headset' mode. So i had to pause and stop the workout completely to connect to the headset and by doing this, the workout was split into 2 parts ((
Is there a way to connect to the headset DURING the workout in case you forgot doing that on time?
Thnx, Mike

Comments

• tfarabaugh
    tfarabaugh Posts: 16,938
    Superuser
    There is no way to connect a headset after starting an activity. You need to quit the activity, connect and go back in. If you will not be listening to music right away, you can connect the headset, pause the playback and then go into your activity. When ready, just hit play again, It will use minimal battery drain on the watch or headset when not playing. The only caveat is if you have a headset that has an auto-off feature it may shut it down on you.

I hope this helped answer your question. If so, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.
  • pdt
    pdt Registered Users Posts: 8
    Apprentice Traveler
    Dear TomTom
    I experienced the same issue. This is really a flaw in the way the software works:
    -Sometimes one forgets to start the music
    -Since the music uses a lot of battery power, and I don't want to listen music from the star of an activity, I want the options to start the music at a later stage during a workout like running or cycling.
    This should be fixable in software
    Please advise if this can be changed and it there are plans to do this change.
    Thanks
    Piet
  • tfarabaugh
    tfarabaugh Posts: 16,938
    Superuser
    pdt wrote:
    Dear TomTom
    I experienced the same issue. This is really a flaw in the way the software works:
    -Sometimes one forgets to start the music
    -Since the music uses a lot of battery power, and I don't want to listen music from the star of an activity, I want the options to start the music at a later stage during a workout like running or cycling.
    This should be fixable in software
    Please advise if this can be changed and it there are plans to do this change.
    Thanks
    Piet
    If the music is paused it is not using any power, the only power draw is when it is broadcasting an audio signal. You can start the music with the activity and pause it and it will wait for you to restart it. There is no way to add the headset once you started an activity. I would not expect any changes now that TomTom has left the wearables market altogether and is not producing any more devices. This is something we are going to have to live with, I am afraid.