Calorie burner on Runner 3

Balboa1961
Balboa1961 Registered Users Posts: 3
Apprentice Traveler
edited January 24 in TomTom Sports
The calorie burner gives much to high, after 700 steps I have burned 732 calories, way to high.
Can I fix this

Comments

• tfarabaugh
    tfarabaugh Posts: 17,004
     Superuser
    It is not just calculating calories based on the steps. If you were alive and breathing, digesting, etc. then you were burning calories and that is what a 24/7 activity tracker is supposed to be tracking. It computes a BMR based on your gender, height, weight, etc. and takes this along with steps and sports activities to come up with calories burned. So between midnight and whenever you woke up you burned 400 calories just being alive. This is exactly what it and all other activity trackers are designed to do. In my experience it is generally pretty accurate (or as accurate as BMR based calculations can be as they are based on averages).

I hope this helped answer your question. If so, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.
  • Balboa1961
    Apprentice Traveler
    I know what you mean but for excample today I have made 21 steps (I 'm injured and I 'm lying at the sofa) and my calorie lost is 1384.
  • tfarabaugh
    tfarabaugh Posts: 17,004
     Superuser
    Yes, because your steps have little to do with the calorie count, which is based on your BMR (basal metabolism rate). You are burning calories just sitting there (breathing, digesting, etc.) and that is what the device is designed to track.
  • Balboa1961
    Apprentice Traveler
    Thnx for your reply I Just went for a bic ride and I saw that the device now only the burning calorie's gave for the ride. So great watch.