Battery life on TOUCH doesn't last

YellowbeamYellowbeam Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
edited January 20 in TomTom Touch
I bought my partner a tom tom touch for Christmas 2016. Within the space of 2 months the battery charge was lasting no more than 2 days, so got in touch with customer service who then decided that I should sent the watch to them for a repair.
After getting it back it was working for a good 3months, however in recite few days it has started playing up again. Only this time the charge is not even lasting 12 hours. This is a real disappointment which have left my partner very let down by the product.
My question is what do I do now?

Comments

• tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 15,190 [Superusers]
    Have you tried a factory reset? There may be a firmware issue which is leaving a sensor on or causing unusual drain. To do a factory reset, make sure the Connect software is running and dock the device to your computer. The Connect window will open; press the gear at the top right and select Factory reset from the next screen. Follow the steps provided, when prompted to register or sign in to MySports, select sign in and use your existing account credentials. It is fairly straightforward and should take less than 5 minutes.

I hope this helped answer your question. If so, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.
  • YellowbeamYellowbeam Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Thank you for answering my query. We did the reset late last night and will monitor the watch as it is only now he is wearing the watch to see if the issue still persists.
  • elboelbo Posts: 49 [Prominent Wayfarer]
    It doesn't sound as a factory reset is a permanent solution if the issue occurred 2 months after you bought it and then again 3 months after TomTom 'repaired' it. A factory reset might get it working for now, but the problem is bound to be back in 2 months time.

It's up to you if you (or your partner) can live with a factory reset every couple of months, or return it to TomTom because the product is flawed. For me personally, if a product needs a factory reset on a regularly base there is something serious wrong with it.