Race against .gpx track

cskollevold
cskollevold Registered Users Posts: 4
Neophyte Traveler
edited January 24 in TomTom Sports
So, on my watch I can race against a previously recorded run I've performed - something i presume is stored as a .gpx file on the watch. I am currently training for a terrain ultra marathon, and during the race I would want to compare myself to a race off Strava (basically I want to find some person I belive I should compete with, and race against his time from a previous year). As this is a terrain race with both technical terrain and lots of up/down using an average pace does not work, but a time from a real race off Strava should serve as a good indication of whether or not I am performing as well as I should.

Anyways, assuming my previous races are stored as .gpx files on the watch and I can already race against these - why not include the possibility to upload my own files to race against?

Comments

• tfarabaugh
    tfarabaugh Posts: 17,004
     Superuser
    There is no way to upload a race, you can either select one you ran or set a custom one. Uploading files are only for the Trails feature. Your only option is to use the Custom Race mode, where you enter a time and a distance and race against that, but as you pointed out it will be against average pace, not actual pace at a given moment in time.

I imagine this is not what you were hoping to hear but let me know if this answered your question. If it did, please mark it as a solution so other can look for it if they have the same question.
  • cskollevold
    cskollevold Registered Users Posts: 4
    Neophyte Traveler
    Yeah, I meant this as a feature request, really (since I knew it wasn't possible). In other words your answer is a good as it can get.

Hopefully someone from Tomtom sees this, though, and decides to implement it. It shouldn't be too hard (the feature is "almost" there) and would add quite a bit of value to the watch. Finger crossed!
  • johu
    johu Registered Users Posts: 1
    Apprentice Traveler
    I also wished there was this feature. I want race against my old track record on a trail marathon.
  • tfarabaugh
    tfarabaugh Posts: 17,004
     Superuser
    johu wrote:
    I also wished there was this feature. I want race against my old track record on a trail marathon.
    Never going to happen since TT is out of the watch business. any future updates will likely be bug fixes only. They laid off the Sports Division and stopped producing new watches so they are legacy devices now.