My routes planning on Trucker 6000 — TomTom Community

My routes planning on Trucker 6000

jenson675jenson675 Posts: 6 [Apprentice Traveler]
Hello,
When I plan a route in my routes on the Pc and transfer it to the Tomtom, can anyone tell me if the device still searches for the best route, taking into account, the route I have planned and traffic etc ?

Also if the route was planned on the Pc in truck mode and then when using the Tomtom in the car, in car mode will the route planning take account of this ?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• MikkoKMikkoK Posts: 23,905 Retired Community Managers and Staff
    Hi Jenson,

Welcome to the Community!

There are two ways to sync routes from MyDrive. Once you've planned a route you get the option to sync it to your device. When doing this your device indeed re-calculates the route based on your route planning settings.

Alternatively, you can save the planned route in MyDrive. It gets saved as a track and you can then sync the GPX file to your device. When navigating a track on your device, the route planning settings are not taken into account but the track is followed exactly as you planned it. For more information about this, please see here [user manual].

Please, post back here if you have any further questions :D

Cheers, Mikko
  • jenson675jenson675 Posts: 6 [Apprentice Traveler]
    So to make clear if the route is planned on the PC using a car, exported to the divice, and then I select it but using the truck setting on the device, the route for a truck will be processed and followed...it's what's set on the device that matters...
  • MikkoKMikkoK Posts: 23,905 Retired Community Managers and Staff
    Hi Jenson,

Yes, as long as you use the first method I described above. For more information and troubleshooting tips for MyDrive, please see this FAQ.

Cheers, Mikko