Issues with Golfer 2 watch — TomTom Community

Issues with Golfer 2 watch

Jbm1967Jbm1967 Posts: 6 [Master Traveler]
edited January 2019 in Golfer & Golfer 2
Had the watch for about a week and had 4 rounds with it. This could be a great product but for the following issues:

1) I know it does not automatically record putts (it has once) and I manually record them but on my scored card about 30/40% show as shots instead of putts. This really messes up my after round analysis and makes out I'm a brilliant putter when I'm not. I manually record putts when I'm not near the edge of the green so hope it would not confuse but this does not help. What am I doing wrong?

2) It sometimes records shots by mistake. I can live with that if I can delete after. I know I can cancel straight away but if I miss that is there a way to cancel? I can edit my score but on my Mysports app it still shows. The watch went off when I was getting clubs out of car. I cancelled on score card but it recorded I hit a 437 yard drive to the first tee. Seriously messing up my stats.

3) It hardly ever automatically records my tee shots with a driver. If I forget to manually add can I add later (or any other shots it / I missed? Again it seriously messes up driving stats. I know I can add on scorecard but does not show in mysports app.

4) Having some syncing issues with iPhone 6S. Sometimes say wake up watch which I do but it cannot see it. Find if I keep trying it will eventually see it (maybe an hour later). Again am I doing something wrong?

Any help with any of the above would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

Comments

• Jbm1967Jbm1967 Posts: 6 [Master Traveler]
    Any moderators have any comment? My biggest concern is it misses 90% of tee shots and 30-40% of other shots. I am right handed. Is it a faulty unit?
  • lampardlampard Posts: 5,302 Moderator
    Hi Jbm1967,

Welcome to the Community & sorry about the delay in response!

I would first advise you to make a factory reset on your Golfer 2 which will reinstall the firmware on the watch as instructed in the FAQ here [support FAQ - Factory reset]. Please note, that after this you'll need to update all courses, this might take up to an hour.

Once you make a reset, please give it a test run and let us know the outcome if it improves the situation.

Regards,
    lampard
    Hi Lampard,

Thanks for your reply. There is also another issue with the watch. The buzzer will not turn off even though in options I've set it to say buzzer is OFF. Although is rarely registers shots when it does it buzzes and also when I manually add. This annoys some of my playing partners which I can sort of understand.

I have reset but still no joy. I would of thought this was a software issue but as I cannot see any others complaining of this problem I guess it is hardware.

I have taken this up with customer services.
    It seems the buzzer I've turned off is not for shots. This is when scrolling through the menu. 2 options to turn off 2 buzzers. So issue now is not automatically registering of shots. I will let you know after my next round.
    Hi Lampard, I did a factory reset and the watch is functioning much better. Let hope this continues. Thanks