Spark Cardio + Music Broken Straps

mikess
mikess Registered Users Posts: 2
Apprentice Traveler
edited January 24 in TomTom Sports
Hi, there.

I live in Hong Kong. I bought the Tom Tom Spark Cardio + Music about 16 months ago from a local distributor because there is no official stores for Tom Tom sports watch here in Hong Kong.
It was a great watch and I loved it even though its mobile app was not quite satisfactory.
However, after 9 months use I got the original strap (black L) broken.
I thought I somehow used it wrongly so I bought a second one (blue S).
I have been very careful while using the second strap. Cleaned it after several runs, treated it very softly until I found it broken at exactly the same spot.

Now it has been difficult for me to buy another strap because Tom Tom is not popular in Hong Kong and even in Mainland China, and most stores don't sell Tom Tom sports products (GPS products quite popular though). I knew Tom Tom had a new version of straps for new watches which may have improved durability, but I just don't know where to buy one.

I don't blame Tom Tom for this and I love my watch. So I am writing this thread to ask how and where I can get a new strap under my situation. Please help me!!:)

Comments

• tfarabaugh
    tfarabaugh Posts: 16,936
    Superuser
    Have you tried online from TomTom.com, Amazon.com or another retailer?

I hope this helped answer your question. If so, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.
  • mikess
    mikess Registered Users Posts: 2
    Apprentice Traveler
    tfarabaugh wrote:
    Have you tried online from TomTom.com, Amazon.com or another retailer?

I hope this helped answer your question. If so, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.

Thanks for your reply, tfarabaugh.

Official TomTom.com for Taiwan and China will redirect us to third-party shops/online retailers where they do not have sufficient stock. For example, the so-called official online store in Taobao.com only has the old version pink straps. The only way I can get the new version strap is to buy from Amazon, and the general shipping time from the US to HK is about half a month.

Anyway, I just bought one from Amazon. Still, I would love it if anyone from TomTom could answer my questions:

1. Both straps of mine cracked at the buckle. For me, I think the reason is either that the material is not durable enough or that the design is questionable. Because every time I took the watch off I had to push hard, which caused tension at the cracking spot. And apparently, that cracking spot became fragile because of corrosion/oxidisation. So is it a frequent problem and means I need to allow for 30 USD for replacement every now and then?

2. I bought the new version strap. Does it improve on durability or have a more sensible design?

I saw quite a few people having the same problem. I am just a bit worried. Replacing straps twice a year would certainly have me considering switching to Garmin/Fitbit. It is not a joke. 5 straps would cost me a Garmin Forerunner 235 which to me seems much more durable.
  • tfarabaugh
    tfarabaugh Posts: 16,936
    Superuser
    In my experience, no one from TT is going to answer your questions, this is a user forum. To talk to someone from TT directly you would need to call their Customer Support (and I am not sure how much help they would be).

I imagine this is not what you were hoping to hear but let me know if this answered your question. If it did, please mark it as a solution so other can look for it if they have the same question.