TomTom Sports Connect won't sync music — TomTom Community

TomTom Sports Connect won't sync music

Wazza_RSAWazza_RSA Posts: 1 [New Traveler]
edited January 2019 in Sports [Connect][Apps][Website]
Hi There,

I recently purchased a TomTom Runner 3 and when trying to upload music through the Sports Connect app on my PC it gives an error message to say "cannot copy xxx.m4a" of my playlists that I created. I have checked the formats and based on previous forum posts I made sure the files are not protected and have changed the settings in my iTunes to make sure it can connect. Can someone please advise me on how to fix this so I can upload music?

Thanks very much.

Comments

• lampardlampard Posts: 5,088 Moderator
    Hi Wazza_RSA,

Welcome to the Community & Sorry about the delay in response!

Please see the discussion thread here explaining the addition of music via Sports Connect: https://en.discussions.tomtom.com/mysports-connectappswebsite-389/loading-itunes-playlist-on-tomtom-spark-1013965?postid=1128397

If the watch is not playing the m4a file then it maybe the sample rate or bit rate is too high. See the public FAQ here to know more about it: What audio file formats can my music GPS watch play?

Cheers,
    lampard
  • Stuart McDonaldStuart McDonald Posts: 759 [Exalted Navigator]
    Wazza_RSA wrote:
    Hi There,

I recently purchased a TomTom Runner 3 and when trying to upload music through the Sports Connect app on my PC it gives an error message to say "cannot copy xxx.m4a" of my playlists that I created. I have checked the formats and based on previous forum posts I made sure the files are not protected and have changed the settings in my iTunes to make sure it can connect. Can someone please advise me on how to fix this so I can upload music?

Thanks very much.
    Hi. If the error is that it can't copy the file have you checked that the file is in the expected location and can be copied using normal windows file copy? Sports Connect isn't doing anything strange to copy the file so I can't thing of any reason it would have an error specific to it.

Regards,
    Stuart.