Squash on Spark 3 Cardio + Music

TonyStella
TonyStella Registered Users Posts: 2
Apprentice Traveler
edited January 24 in TomTom Sports
I have a TOM TOM Spark 3 Cardio + Music it would be nice to have Squash as an activety
Does anyone agree?

Comments

• tfarabaugh
    tfarabaugh Posts: 16,943
     Superuser
    It does not appear they are adding any more sports modes, that is what they added Freestyle and gym modes for. Freestyle is for any GPS enabled non-core activities and Gym for non-GPS enabled activities. If they start adding sports modes then you will want paddle sports and I may want football and someone else may want surfing, this is why then went with the generic Freestyle. The existing sports also tie into the lifetime totals on MySports. If they add more sports modes they would also need to redesign all of MySports to capture them. If you want distance tracked you should try using Freestyle it gets you distance based on GPS and calories based on HR so it will be the most accurate. If you are just looking for HR & calories then you can use gym mode.

I hope this helped answer your question. If so, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.
  • RichardKing
    RichardKing Registered Users Posts: 1
    Apprentice Traveler
    My immediate response is - So? Why can they not develop an 'open' app that allows for the introduction of new sports & their specific parameters. One could then select from a list & only install what's needed & remove unwanted sports.
  • tfarabaugh
    tfarabaugh Posts: 16,943
     Superuser
    My immediate response is - So? Why can they not develop an 'open' app that allows for the introduction of new sports & their specific parameters. One could then select from a list & only install what's needed & remove unwanted sports.
    And my immediate answer is that theoretically they could but they will not. The whole design ethos of this watch was simplicity with minimal customization and this doesn't go with that. And again, since they have not introduced new modes in over 3 years and have now left the sports watch market altogether they have no reason to do anything else. It is not going to get them new customers as they are not looking for any more, so there is no return on their investment. Sadly, it is what it is, it is a legacy device that will be minimally supported go forward and eventually phased out altogether.

I imagine this is not what you were hoping to hear but let me know if this answered your question. If it did, please mark it as a solution so other can look for it if they have the same question.