Traffic is different in Mydrive.tomtom.com vs TomTom Go — TomTom Community

Traffic is different in Mydrive.tomtom.com vs TomTom Go

babyboxbabybox Posts: 53 [Legendary Explorer]
Hi There, how come the Traffic is different in mydrive.tomtom.com vs Tomtom Go?

Comments

• babyboxbabybox Posts: 53 [Legendary Explorer]
    Mm, so i understand the problem exists over 2 years. So why can't they fix it?

I checked Google maps, Apple maps and maps WeGo (formerly Maps Here), they All showed that specific traffic jam but not in TomTom Go.
    Even when i was riding into the traffic. TomTom Go didn't show any delay.

What's this?
  • MikkoKMikkoK Posts: 23,905 Retired Community Managers and Staff
    Hi all,

We moved the GO Mobile for Android recently to a new Traffic server. Therefore you might see some discrepancies between the Traffic incidents reported by the app compared to other products.

We're working hard to improve the new server before rolling it out to other products.

Cheers, Mikko
    MikkoK wrote:
    Hi all,

We moved the GO Mobile for Android recently to a new Traffic server. Therefore you might see some discrepancies between the Traffic incidents reported by the app compared to other products.

We're working hard to improve the new server before rolling it out to other products.

Cheers, Mikko

Thanks MikkoK for your answer but will it be, the same as before speaking of accuracy or 'maybe better?
    Second questoion Is it helpfull for you to have examples of discrepancies? How soon do you think it will be solved for IOS users?
  • YoungdhYoungdh Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    This continues to be an issue for me too but where GO reports extensive delays where none exists. Very frustrating as I rely on reliable traffic info and use to brag how well the TomTom USA had been about getting me around traffic issues in the Washington DC area. I don't have confidence in the GO app to provide this. I've reported to customer support but received a "non answer".
    Hi all,

Please note, that the new server is in use only with GO Mobile for Android. GO Mobile for iPhone is still using the same server as our other products, such as MyDrive.

The issue with GO Mobile for Android is well documented and we don't need more examples. The involved teams are working hard to fix it as soon as possible.

If you're seeing similar or other content issues with GO Mobile for iPhone, please report them to Customer Service. Please, make sure to provide them with sufficient time and location details of the missing/incorrect incident so that they can report it to our Traffic team. Temporary road closures can also be reported straight to the Traffic team with MapShare Reporter.

Cheers, Mikko
  • YoungdhYoungdh Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    My issue in my response above is with GO for iPhone. I found this thread in the TomTom GO for iPhone topics. The traffic reported in GO for iPhone is not the same as what I see in Mydrive. MyDrive was correctly reporting the traffic I was experiencing at the time. Per my previous post I did report this to Customer support and received a non-answer.
    So I understand Mikko K. The problem that exists now is with IOS also ?

I added some pictures. As an example you see the traffic on the pleijweg is missing in the app but not in mydrive.tomom.com. Even on different times
    Hi babybox,

Thanks for the elaboration!

The reason for this is different. TomTom Traffic is used on various devices/apps and online platform and each of them uses the information slightly differently. It seems that the GO Mobile for iPhone app in this occasion leaves that particular traffic incident out as it's not likely to affect routing. As the primary use of our navigation devices and apps is to get you to your destination as quickly as possible, also the Traffic information is used and displayed with that goal in mind. MyDrive, on the other hand, also has the function of general Traffic information display and may show more minor incidents as well. You can also view the traffic flow data these incidents are based on in the TomTom City service (for major cities only).

The important question here is, are you getting non-optimal routing with your app due to this missing incident? Should that be the case, please report it - with the details you've provided here - to Customer Service. They'll be able to investigate this further and report to the relevant team.

Cheers, Mikko
This discussion has been closed.

Who's Online in this Category0