Spark stopped counting while swimming — TomTom Community

Spark stopped counting while swimming

Silvio3008Silvio3008 Posts: 6 [Master Traveler]
My Spark Runner 2 has recently stopped counting during swimming. Apparently this happens randomly i.e. at different "lengths". This is quite annoying as all the latest collected data disappear! Has anyone experienced the same? Any idea how to fix it? Thanks for any help.

Comments

• tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 15,827 Superusers
    Do you mean it stopped the activity and went back to the clock screen without saving? If so, this sounds like a firmware glitch, I have had it happen once but after a factory reset in never repeated. Start with a factory reset, if it occurs again call Customer support who can dig deeper to see if it is a hardware issue. To do a factory reset, make sure the Connect software is running and dock the watch to your computer. The Connect window will open; press the gear at the top right and select Factory reset from the next screen. Follow the steps provided, giving the watch the same name and using the same email address. When prompted to register or sign in to MySports, select sign in and use your existing account credentials. It is fairly straightforward and should take less than 5 minutes.

To get the number for Customer Support, go to tomtom.com/support, choose Contact at the bottom, select the service required and the product name and click Contact Customer Care and then Phone Us. It will give you the phone number for the country your account is registered under (this can be changed by clicking the flag icon in the bottom right corner of the screen).

I hope this helped answer your question. If so, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.
  • Silvio3008Silvio3008 Posts: 6 [Master Traveler]
    Dear Tfarabaugh,
    Thank you for your quick and detailed answer. Indeed the watch stopped the activity (swim) and went back to the clock screen without saving. Just before I try the factory resetting I would like to check with you that by doing so I will not loose all my previous/stored data. This is probably not happening because - as you suggest- I will give the watch the same name and use the same email address. Am I right? Thank you in advance for reassuring me on this!
  • tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 15,827 Superusers
    A factory reset will not cause you to lose any data, the watch syncs when you first plug it in so everything is saved on MySports and your settings are reset afterwards. All you lose is the wheel size in cycling and turning splits on & off in running, as these are watch settings, not user settings. The history is erased from the watch but this clears itself every 10 activities anyway. The music is on a different drive that is untouched during a reset and MySports is not affected. The reset itself takes less than 5 minutes.

I hope this helped answer your question. If so, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.
    Dear Tfarabaugh, just went through the factory resetting and all my stored data are still there! Perfect! Tomorrow or the day after tomorrow I am going to go swim so I will check if the collection of data will work correctly. I really hope it will work and I already mark it as a solution. I will let you know how it goes. Thank you again for your help!
    Dear Tfarabaugh, just to let you know that today I went swimming and the data collection work perfectly. Thank you again for your much appreciated help!