My device says maps haven't been updated but they have....

Hi all,

I have a Start 25 and to be fair I didn't update the maps for a long time. When I did it all seemed to have downloaded properly and my device seemed to be finding a satellite link or whatever you call it much more quickly so I thought all was ok. However, when I switch the device on it says it hasn't been updated for 17 months. I have updated it several times now, all seemingly successfully but I still get this message when I switch the device on. Is this a known bug or something? Any ideas?

Thanks all.

Comments

• dhndhn Posts: 33,155 Superusers
    Have you updated mapshares or maps? The latest map version is 985.
  • NiallNiall Posts: 10,523 Superuser
    @besbin

To find your current map version see this FAQ

Also remember after each up date to do a soft reset, you will loose nothing, it is like rebooting your computer and reloads all the new files from an update.

A soft reset :- with your device charged for at least 2Hrs "OR" have the device plugged into a power supply; press and hold your on/off button until you hear a drum-roll sound (or the TomTom hands symbol appears) then release the on/off button. Make sure you are outside and have a clear view of the sky (satellites)
    Help others identify useful content :- - If someone posted something that was helpful? Click the Like button 👍

If someone answered the question you asked? Answer Yes to "Did this answer the question? Yes · No"