Help Needed, Please

I recently bought a Via 135 & installed TomTom Home on my PC for updates. After updating, my maps have disappeared. When I tried to reinstall them, my PC doesn't detect my satnav even though it's plugged in to it.
Can anyone please help????

Comments

• NiallNiall Posts: 10,521 Superuser
    @Nanna P

For that device you need MyDriveConnect, get that from here
    Help others identify useful content :- - If someone posted something that was helpful? Click the Like button 👍

If someone answered the question you asked? Answer Yes to "Did this answer the question? Yes · No"
  • Nanna PNanna P Posts: 6 [Master Explorer]
    Hi Niall, thanks for your reply I've now downloaded MyDriveConnect my map is still missing. My PC recognises that my device is connected but after a few minutes MDC tells me to reconnect again. I've tried removing & re adding my device without success. I can't access anything on my device other than the power button as the no maps message fill the whole screen. Any further advice?
    @Nanna P

Do a soft reset, you will loose nothing, it is like rebooting your computer and reloads all the new files from an update.

A soft reset :- with your device charged for at least 2Hrs "OR" have the device plugged into a power supply; press and hold your on/off button until you hear a drum-roll sound (or the TomTom hands symbol appears) then release the on/off button. Make sure you are outside and have a clear view of the sky (satellites)
    Help others identify useful content :- - If someone posted something that was helpful? Click the Like button 👍

If someone answered the question you asked? Answer Yes to "Did this answer the question? Yes · No"
    Hi Niall, That hasn't solved the problem either. I get the TomTom drumroll but when I release the power button, it goes straight to the Maps not found screen again :(
    @Nanna P

Clear the cache of MyDriveConnect (Empty download folder) then connect your device and see if you are offered to re-install the missing maps.
    fabfbdca-6874-4c0c-8a55-eeb509c29fcc.jpg

Hi Niall, The only thing being offered is a European update, which I can't download as there is not enough space available on my device.
    Would this suggest that the original missing map is still on my device?
    I'm still getting the no maps found screen.
    @Nanna P

You can either buy a 16 GB SDHC memory card (see my guide for installation) and put the whole of Europe on that or have just a zone map as part of the European map (see this FAQ)

Hi Niall, I don't think my device has the facility to accept a memory card (I'm at work at the mo so can't check)
    I REALLY appreciate the time & trouble you've taken to help me but
    I just find that it's absolutely ridiculous the lengths that TomTom expect Customers to go to to put right something that shouldn't have gone wrong in the first place!!!!
    They didn't tell me I needed a Masters Degree in IT just to update my device!!!!
    I'm going to return it for a refund & I'll have second thoughts on buying another TomTom. I'll also be contacting TomTom directly regarding this.
    Many, many thanks again for your help, it's more than appreciated.
  • dhndhn Posts: 33,152 Superusers
    The Via 135 DOES have a card slot. See here:
    http://uk.support.tomtom.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2634/locale/en_GB

Look where the cable connects to the device. Other possible locations include on the bottom of the device behind a removable cover and on the back of the device.
    Thanks, dhn, it is, as you mentioned, 'hidden' where the cable connector is.
  • dhndhn Posts: 33,152 Superusers
    You're welcome.