Multisport can not connect to Sports app — TomTom Community

Multisport can not connect to Sports app

MirceadancMirceadanc Posts: 18 [Apprentice Seeker]
Hi

I just bought the second TT watch for my wife, the first TT multisport model.The phone found it but I can not connect it with the apps.The phone is a Samsung with 4.4.4 Adroid version.I ve also tried with my S7 Samsug and it wprked fine.My question:is it too old the version Android 4.4.4 ?any other tips to connect it?Thanks.

Comments

• ToxChickToxChick Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Mine will not connect to android phone either. Samsung Galaxy 5S....no connection after 36 hours of trying.
  • tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,677
    Superusers
    It should theoretically work with Android 4.1 or later, but it really depends on how it is implemented on the phone. Due to Android’s constant tweaking and the tablet and phone manufacturers making further modifications to the OS some version work better than others. New android releases change the Bluetooth interfaces in subtle ways. And then, manufacturers will sometimes also add their own layers on top of the base Android. And, on top of that they have the different Bluetooth chipsets, and other apps which may also be using same BT resources.

Keep an eye out for an icon in the notification area at the top, some phone models require you to allow the app access in a separate window that does not pop to the front automatically. On my Samsung tablet it was not giving me the passcode entry but I noticed a tiny icon of a watch at the top of the screen (and you may need to drag down if the notification area is hidden by default). When I opened the notification there was an entry on the list for TomTom Sports watch. Clicking that and confirming the watch then allowed the passcode entry screen to come up. It was being blocked by the tablet OS. It paired just fine after that. Also make sure you have location services on; another user found this was the issue for them. Enabling the Localization in the top of the phone isn't enough. The Localization Services of Google+ has to be active too.

You may want to uninstall the app and repair the phone (make sure you have the phone forget the watch in the BT settings as well). The steps are: uninstall the app, remove the watch from the phones BT menu (hit the i icon next to the watch and select Forget This Device in iOS), reinstall the app, select Pair New on the app, select Pair New on watch (press down from the clock and select Phone>Pair New, not Sync) and follow the prompts on the phone. You should not be pairing the watch first through the phone's BT menu; it is all done through the app and you have to remove the watch from the phone's BT menu (outside of the app) before pairing again.

I hope this helped answer your question. If so, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.