New TomTom Sports App Version 4.0 available for iPhones & iPads — TomTom Community

New TomTom Sports App Version 4.0 available for iPhones & iPads

JulianJulian Posts: 2,158 Retired Community Managers and Staff
Hi all,

I am happy to announce that you are now able to update your TomTom Sports App to the new version 4.0.
(The update for Android devices will be released in a few days)

This version comes with the following improvements:
  • You can now import your 24/7 activity data from Apple Health (iOS). You can import steps, active time, distance and calories. See your 24/7 data updated across both the TomTom Sports mobile app and web site in Goals, Trends, Progress, etc.
  • You can now use the Sports app to track your 24/7 activity data without having a TomTom Sports device paired.
  • You can now compare your 24/7 data (steps, active time, distance, calories) and your 24/7 heart rate to each other on the Daily Summary detailed graph.
  • You can now easily access your Trends from the Daily Summary detailed graphs for your 24/7 data (steps, active time, distance, calories) and 24/7 heart rate.
  • You can now easily access your historical 24/7 daily summaries from your 24/7 Trends Activities tab.
  • You can now dismiss the TomTom Sports app notification from appearing in the phone’s system tray. This can be done from the TomTom Sports app by going to Manage->Device Settings.
  • We have improved the experience of using the app on iPads.

Cheers,

Julian

Comments

• elboelbo Posts: 49 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Really? Was this the most important thing to implement? I'm a bit disappointed.
  • gm77gm77 Posts: 66 [Sovereign Trailblazer]
    Hello, I'm just back from a run to test the data sync.
    My Apple Health was sync to Strava, I deactivated it and activate all TomTom data.
    I run with the TomTom Multisport first edition, great product, no problem.
    Back from the run I paired the watch with the iPhone, it didn't push any data to Apple Health.
    All others worked (strava, server, etc...)
    Any idea? Thanks.
    gm77 wrote:
    it didn't push any data to Apple Health.

If I read Julians post correct, it only imports data from Apple Health to de TT app, not the otherway around.

This is great news for anyone who is afraid to mis a step when they walk around without their watch on, but quite useless if you use your watch more as a sportwatch.
  • gm77gm77 Posts: 66 [Sovereign Trailblazer]
    Oh...then it is useless for me, I'm going to activate Strava again
    What a pity, two way sync is the way to go! C'mon TomTom !
  • NickclNickcl Posts: 8 [Master Explorer]
    The app now fills only half the screen on an iPad Air, in portrait and landscape mode. Before you could only open the app in portrait mode, but at least it filled the screen. Please fix this!
  • MikkoKMikkoK Posts: 23,905 Retired Community Managers and Staff
    Hi Nick,

Thanks for your feedback!

The previous layout implementation wasn't the prettiest on the iPad and it was changed in this release. I'll log your feedback to be reported to the product team.

Cheers, Mikko
  • mcaran1979mcaran1979 Posts: 39 [Outstanding Explorer]
    So basically it was a non update but just air...
  • icemacicemac Posts: 199 [Legendary Explorer]
    I have on iPad 4 mini same view as Nick, please fix it, becous is looks strange ...
  • Mini MansellMini Mansell Posts: 25 [Outstanding Explorer]
    Is there any sign of the Android app yet?
  • tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,527
    Superusers
    There is already an Android app, it is available from the Google Play Store, as long as you have a compatible phone.
  • Mini MansellMini Mansell Posts: 25 [Outstanding Explorer]
    Many thanks but I suspect you did not read the first message in this thread about version 4 coming in a few days.
    Not about the existing android version
    TomTom doesn't have a good track record in keeping it's deadlines for bringing out updates, so a few days could just be several months or even years. (Phone notifications anyone?)

But then again, there is no reason at all to look forward to the 4.0 version. The iPhone version brought noting of any value. But who knows, maybe they pull a rabbit out of their hat for the Androidversion.
  • ro156ro156 Posts: 4 [Neophyte Traveler]
    A great and somewhat unexpected update!
    I wear my Spark only for workouts, so the ability to get some steps stats from a phone is really valuable.
    I hope that import of sleep, weight and hr will follow. After that TT becomes the ultimate lifelog platform. I also hope to see more trends and insights, like Withings and Jawbone apps offer. Now I have to mess with imports and exports which drives me nuts sometimes.
  • pedrojvmpedrojvm Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    How on EARTH can you think the new layout on iPad is better than the one before???
    It's ridiculously small!!! It seems like i'm running an app made for iPhone in 1x Zoom! Please fix it, it's just embarassing the way it looks right now!
  • Domenico78Domenico78 Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    It's a month that I have version 4 (now I have the 5) of the app but I never saw the data imported from the IOS Health app.
    What am I doing wrong?
  • pedrojvmpedrojvm Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Come on TomTom.... lots of people use iPad's today... please fix the resolution!
  • Fre77Fre77 Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Hello,

My TomTom Sport-app on my iPhone close after several seconds by himself.
    Delete and re-install doesn't help.

Can anyone help me?
    The latest version of the app is 5.0.3
  • tracy galvintracy galvin Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    hello can you please help me ,since 18thmay 2017 I can't sync my watch, tried lots of things
  • CrumlinCrumlin Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Fre77 wrote:
    Hello,

Can anyone help me?

Same here, did you get anywhere with this?? Not impressed.
  • CroachyCroachy Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I agree with the layout, put it back to the whole screen, looks odd otherwise. But, I have also had issues with trying to share from iPad, when I hit the button nothing happens and then it comes completely out of the app. Not a happy bunny and I have reported it within the app but as yet had no response, reported it 3 times now!
  • lampardlampard Posts: 5,089 Moderator
    Crumlin wrote:
    Fre77 wrote:
    Hello,

Can anyone help me?

Same here, did you get anywhere with this?? Not impressed.

Can you please submit the logs via Sports App on your iOS device when there's a crash? You can do this via App by going into Manage -> Settings -> Feedback.

Please make sure to tick ‘Include anonymous app usage data’ option as those are the actual logs. Let us know if there's any error while doing so.

Cheers, lampard