Lane Guidance not working after the latest update......again - Page 9 — TomTom Community

Lane Guidance not working after the latest update......again

Comments

• YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 19,453
    Superusers
    Hi
    Went to Ikea Wednesbury Today (I Know, I should Know better) during the journey 3 Major Motorway intersections and 3 Motorway exits, Not a single ALG displayed :thumbsdown_tone2:

ATB YFM
  • Covkid62Covkid62 Posts: 545 [Supreme Trailblazer]
    YFM i drove to Milton keynes yesterday and not a single ALG image anywhere so still an issue and yeah IKEA...you should know better :grin:
  • VikramKVikramK Posts: 11,917 Moderator
    Hello all

**Update**

We have some news for everyone here.

Our developers have reproduced this bug and have now identified the root cause.

A task has been created for them to get this fixed as soon as possible. Now creating a fix is one thing, but getting it integrated with the new firmware is where the critical job comes into the picture. We would like to stress that this issue has all the attention of our development team. So, for now, we cannot comment on a time frame. As soon as we get an estimated date for the fix we will inform you here.

Important
    In the meanwhile, it's highly recommended to avoid using sleep mode, but instead shut down the device when not in use. You should notice an improved ALG performance.

Thank you
    Vikram
  • D-StreamD-Stream Posts: 142 [Renowned Trailblazer]
    Well that’s a shock and I’m glad you have finally reproduced it in the labs finally.

Assuming this will probably lead to the same houses 3d disappears bug.
    Superusers
    D-Stream wrote:
    Assuming this will probably lead to the same houses 3d disappears bug.
    Hi
    I've spent a while testing appearance/disappearance of the 3D buildings display
    Using a Route Demo and the three Zoom options plus the effect of Manual Zoom....

(1)... Zoom into next turn... 3D buildings seem to appear/disappear the most, mainly because of the extreme levels of zoom used for Road types Urban areas, Town/Cites... Junctions and Roundabouts

(2)... Zoom 'Based on road type'... 3D buildings appear to be more stable and appear more quickly as you enter the area of 3D buildings

(3)... Zoom 'None'.... At Default Zoom 3D buildings appear If you Zoom the Map, the road appears to zoom in a lot more quickly than the surrounding 3D buildings

Manual Zoom works on all three Zoom Options... The good news is if you hate/love 3D buildings you can turn them off/on at will by simply manually zooming in or out

ATB YFM
    About time Vikram as it’s only took nearly 5 years for them to finally replicate the issue.
    Let’s hope it doesn’t take just as long for them to actually fix it as Tomtom are notoriously slow at fixing things.
    Good news though at long last

Cheers
    And I bet it affects “a lot” of units using this firmware my 5000 series had it and now my 6200 has it.

But at last tom tom see a bug that’s been bugging the crap out of us for ages.

@Vik

How about in the fix notes when it finally comes out an acknowledgment that it’s done. Not just version 17.4 various bug fixes. Us then thinking is it in this version or not. Otherwise there will be a lot of annoyed postings.

Historically your release notes officially suck.
    Have to agree D-Stream they do need to stop with this various bug fix nonsense and tell us exactly what they have fixed.
    Both of my nav4/5 devices have had this fault and I’ve lost count how many times I’ve reported it and customer services said it’s only been an issue for the last 12 months which is absolutely untrue.
    As I’ve said the only thing that bothers me is how slow tomtom are at fixing things.
    These devices will be obsolete before they get round to sorting ALG out
    is it just me or does this fault seem worse since the last useless update....despite a reboot every morning i can't remember the last time i saw a lane guidance image :triumph:
  • bigbig Posts: 1,641
    Superuser
    Well we know it's related to "busy-ness" -- perhaps road conditions are busier during the holiday season?

In rural areas ALG works ok for me -- I only have to reboot every few days. In busy areas, I'd be rebooting so often I'd miss most of the exits waiting for the reboots!
    Iam having to reboot every day and even then I rarely see an ALG image although I am mostly on busy motorways...wish they would hurry up and sort it out
    Superusers
    Hi
    Device GO 520
    M5 Exit J7 Southbound
    M5 Exit J6 Northbound
    I'm still getting the Mini ALG

c1aa2699-76cb-4e4a-9318-24c714f29fc1.jpg
    The Mini ALG that is displayed
    Seems to be part of the missing Main ALG screen ???

dd687dde-e262-4bab-a174-302953504760.jpg
    ATB YFM
    Hi YFM

the mini ALG always works for me but it’s not much use it’s the main ALG images that constantly fail
    Superusers
    Hi
    I received a couple of belated Christmas presents from Tomtom today :relaxed:

b356aed3-65f1-4303-821a-3a46b3095cfe.jpg
    a6bd357b-d44b-4ab1-926c-4659956a41ff.jpg
    ATB YFM
    luck you :)
    haven't seen any of them for ages
    Time to bump this back to the top....I want as many people to see this fault as possible so they can contact customer services then mayne Tomtom will pull their finger out and get it fixed
    Just like to add my total shock as travelling up the A1 from London and a lane guidance popped it.

It was new years day, my sat nav hadn't been drinking. We celebrated this event as a family and cheered the nav unit for its lane help.

Although its not been since. We do hope it will pay us another visit sometime this year..
    Lucky you d-stream ??
    think my ALG has emigrated for Xmas ?
    @VikramK any updates so far like even a beta version of software out?
    Jomy wrote:
    Hi, I have a TomTom start 52 device and lane guidance is specified in its specification. But, unfortunately my device is not showing Lane preference on motorways. How can I activate it in my device? Thanks in advance.

That's exactly why this thread is here to fix it. It doesn't work for a lot of us.
    more and more people having the same issue Tomtom....it's about time you sorted this out...it's not acceptable that we have to wait for so long to get anything done....just remember NOKIA coz that's the way you are heading with the junk you keep serving up :rage::rage:
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 7,982
    Superuser
    Hi @Jomy

To check your settings :-

Lane guidance is set as follows on my GO5000

Tap 3dot
    Select Settings
    Select Appearance
    Scroll Down to "Motorway Exit Previews"
    Tap Motorway exit Previews and in my case I have selected "Show map and preview"

This means the screen is split showing the route map and lane guidance for an exit.

Also try a Soft Reset and at the moment it is recommended you do not put your unit into Sleep mode but turn it off when not in use. This recommendation was made following Tomtom being able to replicate a possible problem with Lane Guidance which seems to work fine on mine.
    Guess no update or the developers still partying hard.

Strange one today travelling. Sat Nav didn't display lane guidance for a triple junction as the lane lane to pick. Did a day before but hey I`m used to it now. However going back that way and needing to take the junction off the motorway. It displayed the alg for it.

Go figure.
  • DharmeshKosadiaDharmeshKosadia Posts: 6 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Hi, I bought a Tomtom Go 520 couple of months back.
    Issue 1) I could not update the software when I tried it via my laptop it kept giving error after reaching 90%. Raised it with customer service they said a firewall is restricting the download. This was even when there was no third party anti virus on. Its bizarre to have been given this kind of reason. Fortunately after lot of attempts I could download via wifi.
    Issue 2) Even after having all the right selection on in settings still no ALG available on the TOMTOM. This was one of the main reason why I invested in this product. What is the use if it doesnt give the guidance on lane on motorway exits.

Its a seriously painfully to see ppl having already discussed this for a while with no resolution on it yet.
    Hi DharmeshKosadia.
    Yeah im afraid this issue has been going on for a long long time which is the reason I started this thread hoping it would shame Tomtom into fixing it but they are sooooooooo slow at actually doing anything I’m not sure if it is ever going to be resolved.
    Would help if you raised a ticket with customer services and let them know your feelings as the more that report it the more chance there is of a fix.......possibly