Lane Guidance not working after the latest update......again - Page 7 — TomTom Community

Lane Guidance not working after the latest update......again

Comments

• Covkid62Covkid62 Posts: 545 [Supreme Trailblazer]
    Hensepens this has been an issue for a long long time as you can see from this thread but it seems tomtom are not interested in fixing the problem or even recognising the fault....they say it's difficult to replicate which is total nonsense
    update please Mikko...not that i'm expecting a reply
  • PatjepeeerPatjepeeer Posts: 71 [Supreme Trailblazer]
    It seems Mikko is retired or has another job. Anyway, that was his status at the beginning of this week...
  • PatjepeeerPatjepeeer Posts: 71 [Supreme Trailblazer]
    Guess what... just received a reply from Customer Service, they had a reply from the technical team.
    They told me the software engineers will fix this very annoying issue in the next version which will be released somewhere within the next two months!

Let's keep our fingers crossed then!!!
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 19,453
    Superusers
    Patjepeeer wrote:
    It seems Mikko is retired or has another job. Anyway, that was his status at the beginning of this week...
    e3d5080d-9d99-488b-a279-f8fe5cf2d25c.pngSorry to see Mikko go

ATB YFM
    Patjepeeer wrote:
    Guess what... just received a reply from Customer Service, they had a reply from the technical team.
    They told me the software engineers will fix this very annoying issue in the next version which will be released somewhere within the next two months!

i'm keeping everything crossed but i won't be holding my breath :D
  • ChrisL69ChrisL69 Posts: 31 [Master Explorer]
    Patjepeeer wrote:

I had a reply from them today too regarding this issue. This is what they wrote:

"I would like to explain that we do not have any fixed date or fixed time frame for application update. The concern team works on implementing improvements and fixes and once they are done, we release a application update. In the interim please accept my sincere apologies for any and all frustrations incurred."

I'd like to hope the time frame they gave you is accurate, but I really would not hold your breath in any way. I feel very strongly that their chief job is to fob customers off rather than help them! I very much regret buying a TomTom due to software problems and poor customer care, and definitely will not invest in one ever again.
  • Ovalball03Ovalball03 Posts: 299 [Renowned Trailblazer]
    YamFazMan wrote:
    Patjepeeer wrote:
    e3d5080d-9d99-488b-a279-f8fe5cf2d25c.pngSorry to see Mikko go

ATB YFM

Wonder where/who he is fobbing off now?
    ChrisL69 wrote:
    Patjepeeer wrote:

Dear or dear,doesn’t exactly fill you with confidence does it?The visualisation of third party points of interest is still on going after 4 years .Some of us will be too old to drive by the time that finally gets sorted?
    I had a reply from them today too regarding this issue. This is what they wrote:

"I would like to explain that we do not have any fixed date or fixed time frame for application update. The concern team works on implementing improvements and fixes and once they are done, we release a application update. In the interim please accept my sincere apologies for any and all frustrations incurred."

I'd like to hope the time frame they gave you is accurate, but I really would not hold your breath in any way. I feel very strongly that their chief job is to fob customers off rather than help them! I very much regret buying a TomTom due to software problems and poor customer care, and definitely will not invest in one ever again.
    Here we are yet again as another useless update goes by and tomtom have done nothing to address the problems that these devices have.
    ALG still doesn't work and we keep getting promises of better things to come.....so when is that likely to happen...would anyone from Tomtom care to tell us why these issues have not been fixed...really won't hold my breath as they seem to ignore people who criticise them or their products :@:
  • jaycrjaycr Posts: 16 [Renowned Trailblazer]
    It's a shame that someone with a bit of financial clout hasn't taken legal action against TomTom because I'm sure they've broken/are breaking some sort of law by marketing and selling an item which just doesn't have the functions they advertise. The ALG is just an example of their mis-selling. They show complete contempt to their long suffering customers who have the audacity to point out their failings by completely ignoring the fact that some of these advertised functions don't work. Anyone in doubt should just read this topic from the start and see how Covkid62 and others who highlight these problems are treated with total disregard. All credit to Covkid62 for sticking with it despite the fact that TomTom show absolutely no inclination to accept there's a problem, never mind trying to fix it. He's obviously more tenacious than I am, my unit went into the junk drawer long ago. My advice to anyone thinking of buying one would be to think very carefully about parting with £250 - £300 for a product which is apparently still running on beta software and shows no sign of ever being "the finished article."
    Thank you for your post Jaycr and your very kind words.
    I have tried to keep this thread going because I believe that Tomtom are ripping us off with these devices.
    I have been a loyal customer of Tomtom since the early days of sat navs but my patience has really been tested with these defective pieces of junk.
    Twice now i have bought these nav 4/5 devices and both times they have had many many various faults but ALG is something that really does wind me up.
    All over the packaging for these devices ALG is clearly shown but it's been garbage from day one and despite numerous tickets raised with customer services over the past 4/5 years it still doesn't work.
    Am i asking too much to want something that i paid a lot of money for to work properly and also not to send me down dangerous single track roads and you are right Jaycr they do treat us with contempt as you can see from this thread and many others.
    this will be the last time that Tomtom have any of my hard earned cash and when it all goes pair shaped and they go the way of Nokia i'll have a good laugh to myself.
    They really do not deserve loyal customers and at least Dick Turpin work a mask when he robbed people ;)
  • D-StreamD-Stream Posts: 142 [Renowned Trailblazer]
    Covkid62 I broke my no more post for this I totally respect everything you have said in this post. The single track roads is a nightmare. The last road it selected for me on a journey had single passing places and a car at a time. I was going across country virtually as it’s suggested route. You couldn’t class it as a uk B road it took a track with cattle grids.

Alg. Works when it feels like it or just puts arrows up tom tom say it’s prob because we don’t have the data. Then next time you go past the same junction a big picture saying keep right use second lane on half the screen. Hmm looks like you do.

Alg is the most random buggy item ever will it work won’t it work during your journey ever.

How on earth we get the same reply all the time. It will be fixed in the next release we’ll 17.3 came no it wasn’t. Or how about a release with bugs fixed but we will never tell you what they are in our release notes.

Plus we will never comment on what it was because its a secret.

If a drum roll is meant to fix it then stop having tom toms wake up from sleepmroad ready to navigate because it obviously doesn’t work.

If it ain’t been used for an hour make it reboot from the start it’ll take 15 seconds to boot up and at least the drum roll fresh reset features will work again for a bit.

Put avoidance for tab for minor roads in as an option on your route like hell avoid them as I value my wing mirrors.
    Hi D-stream.the only problem with reboots is that it only seems to fix the ALG for a very short time so even that isn’t much good. The routing you have mentioned is absolutely crazy and it has happened to me many many times where I’ve been on single track roads with grass growing up the middle of it.
    We can quite easily avoid toll roads and motorways so why not a button that means we can avoid single track roads. Still think that Tomtoms software engineers are not up to the job.
    You are correct in what you say about tomtom keeping secrets over what bugs they have fixed. Why not tell us what has been fixed....very strange huh
  • bigbig Posts: 1,641
    Superuser
    I think TomTom isn't sure what they fixed is really fixed. I'm sure they know what they intended to fix but to announce it only to be told it is not really fixed perhaps is worse to them than not even announcing it.
    I think you are spot on Big that’s probably the reason they are saying nothing
  • bruceybrucey Posts: 179 [Supreme Trailblazer]
    When I think of what I could do with a my old One or Go Live 1000 I weep at what TomTom has become which ultimately comes from the very top.

I'd be looking at new software developers who can make things happen and also some beta testers who actually use the devices in real life situations and feedback when the fix doesn't actually work....I'm assuming this hasn't happened with last few releases.

I actually have sympathy for the moderators of this board as they are only the public mouthpiece and I'm sure they're frustrated at fixes that don't fix as it makes their job even harder.
    Something needs doing Brucey as surely tomtom can't keep on churning out rubbish products and expecting people to pay good money for them.
    i remember buying a tomtom go live 1000 when it first came out and it was a brilliant device and i only stopped using it because of the so called new nav 4 devices came out and what a total dissapointment they have been.....gave us less but charged us more...a total joke
    I think the frustration of the mods as to the bug fixes is evident as well. I saw one post where we comment on the relavant posts to the fixes. Well hm where as I’ve not seen any in the forums.

In a “roundabout” way (see what I did there) alg needs fixing like yesterday. You advertise a product with it and most people think an arrow pointing left is alg. Not according to all your advertising / screen shots it’s not.

How can we fix it. Put your development team in a car with a tom tom and drive on a motorway. It’s that simple.

Simulated routes don’t work.

Even multi billion dollar companies like apple publish bug fixes. It ain’t wrong to do it, show people your squashing them. Then maybe we may have some respect for the developers.

Typical tom tom release note.

Bug fixes we fixed something in this release but we ain’t telling you what it is. But we added stuff.
    The past 2 updates have been useless though Brucey and both time they have said bugger all apart from various bug fixes which means what exactly.
    Probably most of the bugs they are fixing are ones they created in previous updates so it’s a vicious circle of bugger up and repair all the time which means nothing else gets fixed.
    Yes Apple have had problems with software but most of the time they jump on problems and fix them fairly quickly yet Tomtom haven’t bothered with ALG in over 4 years and that is nothing short of disgraceful
    Covkid62 wrote:
    Something needs doing Brucey as surely tomtom can't keep on churning out rubbish products and expecting people to pay good money for them.
    i remember buying a tomtom go live 1000 when it first came out and it was a brilliant device and i only stopped using it because of the so called new nav 4 devices came out and what a total dissapointment they have been.....gave us less but charged us more...a total joke

But they do keep churning it out!I am at my wits end but apart from posting on here(most of mine get removed though)what can we do?The so called tech support is a waste of time.Wait 30 minutes to get through only to be advised to do a reset.I swear i know more about these devices than they do.I am today returning my 6250 professional back to Amazon for a refund stating it doesnt do what it is advertised to do on the box.Why wont tomtom listen????
    I see we are playing a game of spot the bugs fixed by users which is much more fun for us all..

Appears that that search bug has been fixed.

When searching through my own poi group it would bomb out and only search my places.
    Working properly all day today so hope it continues.

Only wish we were allowed to report a camera hotspot as an active mobile camera.
    (Report button is disabled while in the hot spot zone)

Well that one wasn't mentioned in the fix so here is one for the list.
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 19,453
    Superusers
    Hi
    D-Stream wrote:
    Only wish we were allowed to report a camera hotspot as an active mobile camera.
    (Report button is disabled while in the hotspot zone)
    You can report a Speed camera hotspot in the zone, Granted the 'Report a Speed Camera' is greyed out for the majority of the zone, but the button becomes active again when you are adjacent to the camera position and beyond

ATB YFM
  • VikramKVikramK Posts: 11,917 Moderator
    Hello Everyone!

Just to speed up the investigation process and to deal with this on a priority I would need everyone to cooperate, please...

I am looking for more information on this issue so I can send more details to our product team.

# Advanced Lane Guidance stops working until you do a reboot. Is this correct?

# Please confirm that this is not just on split screen ALG, but this also effects on full-screen ALGs

Again, we are looking for a general feedback here and your help will be appreciated.

Thank you,
    Vikram..
    Hi Vikram. Surely TomTom should have enough information they need to fix this problem that has been ongoing for nearly 5 YEARS.
    The ALG on both split screen and full screen are both affected and only a reboot gets it going again for a limited time. Now can we have this issue fixed please as this has gone on long enough ???