Lane Guidance not working after the latest update......again

Comments

• Covkid62Covkid62 Posts: 532 [Revered Navigator]
    just keeping this bumped to the top as i want tomtom to get this issue fixed...anyone else not seeing lane guidance images
  • bruceybrucey Posts: 165 [Renowned Trailblazer]
    +1 Covkid62.

On a journey up from Nottingham to Glasgow yesterday it worked only a couple of times despite a journey of some 275 miles on mainly 70 mph roads
    cheers for the input once again Brucey...mine works for a few hours after a reset but i know it's going to stop again.
    I was really hoping with the last update and split screen lane guidance it might have been finally sorted after 4 years but no still as useless
  • woodhst2woodhst2 Posts: 5 [Master Traveler]
    I get this too. When the software update happened lane guidance came up in the wide traffic window and looked really good - M3 J4 in the UK -
    I was impressed. Same junction many times since ... not a thing. Don't recall it working before the update either really ...
    cheers for the message woodhst2...seems a lot of people are having the issue but tomtom seem to be ignoring it as usual
  • MikkoKMikkoK Posts: 23,905 Retired Community Managers and Staff
    Hi all,

Thanks for all your feedback here!

Just because I'm not commenting here very often doesn't mean we're ignoring you :D I've read and logged all the feedback here and will report it to the product team. As we don't get very much feedback on this, I'd recommend you to report your issue to Customer Service. They'll be able to capture more details for our technicians to look into this.

Cheers, Mikko
    Hi Mikko,

I have reported this issue many times to customer services with my go5000 and now with my go6200 and 4 years later it still hasn't been sorted...so are you not surprised i think that tomtom is ignoring the issue hoping it will go away.
    Obviously you will only see this issue if you drive on motorways so not everyone will realise it doesn't work.
    I have also mentioned on here about missing images from junction 3a of the m6 (when ALG works) so has this been sorted
  • PatjepeeerPatjepeeer Posts: 59 [Sovereign Trailblazer]
    I updated my incident about this issue to customer care.
    Problem is finding a way to present this issue with valueable information because it occurs randomly.

I only can say to TomTom:
    1. Take a resetted device (GO 5200).
    2. Step into the car in Amsterdam at 7:00AM with device in "Debug" mode (is possible?? but I think you can).
    3. Drive to Hengelo (highway A1) and vice versa through heavy traffic.
    4. Notice that ALG will fail. If not, try it again the day after or in the afternoon rush hour.
    5. Analyse the results!

Sounds like a plan!?
    Hi Covkid62 and Patjepeeer,

Thanks for updating your cases at Customer Service about this! As we've just released a new software it's important to update the old tickets to let our technicians know that this is still an issue with the latest software.

As mentioned, we don't get that many reports of this - perhaps because many don't realise there's an issue - which unfortunately can result in the issue "flying under the radar". I'll do my best to get some attention to it.

Cheers, Mikko
    I have actually had something quite amazing yesterday...ALG worked for a whole day and that is the first time that's happened since i've had this device...probably back to normal today though :D
    Oh well just as i thought ALG hasn't worked all day...no surprise at all really
    @ Mikko...any update on when this will be fixed as i see more and more people are reporting the problem on go wifi devices and go5000/6000
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 14,514 Superusers
    Covkid62 wrote:
    Hi Mikko. This junction is a major interchange where the m6 meets the m42 and the m6 toll; so are you telling me that one of the most complicated motorway junctions in the midlands has no lane images where it used to on my go1000 from a few years ago. I have just travelled the same route now and still, it isn't working. Just left the m42 at junction 9 and no lane images. Advanced lane guidance is not working at all for any junctions. I have done a factory reset as customer service told me to but it makes no difference. This feature has not worked properly on these nav4 devices since they came out. If I do a drum roll reboot it will work for a few hours then stop again. That junction I mentioned hasn't worked for as long as I can remember so tomtom needs to check if the current map has a lane guidance image. Junction 3a on the m6 northbound
    Hi
    Out of Interest I have just planned the above M6 route on my old GO 825 Live then run a Demo and as Covkid62 says there indeed TWO ALG screens displayed as you navigate the junction
    And as a side Issue, it was great NOT to have to run the Route Demo all the way from my present GPS location like on the NAV4/5 Devices

ATB YFM
    Help others identify useful content...
    If someone posted something that was helpful?
    Click the 'Like' > 👍 Icon

If someone answered your question?
    Please answer 'Yes' to Did this answer the question? 'Yes' < >' No'
    Thanks for checking that junction out YFM. I have just ran a demo route past junction 3a/4 of the M6 and even with the latest map installed there are still no ALG images for that junction. I have reported this a few times but still nothing gets done

Cheers
    Once again tomtom seem very quiet on this subject so i'm bumping it back to the top
    Still no luck with update 17.102. It failed this morning again....
    I will update my ticket at support.

EDIT: not possible anymore to update my ticket.
    Same here Patjepeeer..mine worked for a few hours then stopped again so this update hasn't worked either...as for not being able to update your ticket i would raise a new one as i will be doing
  • binkybinky Posts: 21 [Outstanding Explorer]
    I never know I had it as its never worked;)
    Given up with it now and turned it off
    I'm not giving up trying to get this sorted. I drive many thousands of miles on motorways so to me it's important and a feature on this device that should work as it's supposed to. Didn't pay hundreds of pounds for a device not to work as stated but glad you're ok without it ??
  • CTCTCTCT Posts: 18 [Outstanding Explorer]
    This is a very important feature for me aswell.
    CTCT have you raised a ticket with customer services as the more people that do they might actually fix it. Won't hold my breath though
    Hi all,

A small update here on this: We've noticed that the lane guidance images don't always show up after you've woken your device up from standby. This might explain why some of you are experiencing that the feature stops working after a while and resuming after you've reset (restarted) your device. On a long trip you're likely to stop for e.g. a coffee brake and put your device into standby for the break.

Could you confirm if this is your experience, please?

Thanks, Mikko
  • matnmatn Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    i have the same problem mikko after my latest update i just see normal road no highlighted one like before i think it was like green sometimes its a bit confusing but i hope u fix this soon :) i have the go 5200 its also same on android on my s7 edge in tom tom go so i think more peeps should have this prob
    Hi Mikko. If I actually turn my device off and reboot it works for a few hours then stops again regardless of wether it's put to sleep. I have actually had a whole day of it working but the following day after waking up from sleep it's not working. So as stated after a reboot it works for a while then stops
    Hi Mikko,

Take care!!
    Not only when you woke the device from standby. It happens also whilest driving, so you start a journey with working ALG and suddenly it stops especially when the device is constantly busy with recalculating the route due to traffic. Of course, when it stops working can only be noticed at a next highway exit but will occur earlier I suppose.