Lane Guidance not working after the latest update......again

1101112131416»

Comments

• Covkid62Covkid62 Posts: 532 [Revered Navigator]
    Ovalball03 wrote: »
    Please be assured you will not get an answer from tomtom on this problem.It is not a priority to sort as long as they continue to sell their sat navs.I waited 3 years for a response regarding 3rd party points of interest management,and I am still waiting.

piss poor customer service though huh....I'm surprised Tomtom haven't gone to the wall considering how they treat their customers...this is my last Tomtom device and i actually have on many occasions managed to persuade people not to buy from Tomtom....they really don't deserve our loyalty anymore
    Just wondering if the ALG bug has been fixed in the latest software release because as per usual Tomtom have not said what bugs have been fixed....used my go6200 today and ALG seemed to work but will see if it's still working tomorrow....if anyone has had it fail again please post here.....cheers
  • dmulvdmulv Posts: 603 Superuser
    Installed the latest firmware on Tuesday, and been using it on my daily motorway commute from Tuesday evening through to this morning - and the ALG's been appearing every time (and I've not restarted the device once).

So fingers crossed - it may have been fixed =) That said though, I've said this in the past after a firmware update and the the ALG failed that evening!
    dmulv wrote: »
    Installed the latest firmware on Tuesday, and been using it on my daily motorway commute from Tuesday evening through to this morning - and the ALG's been appearing every time (and I've not restarted the device once).

So fingers crossed - it may have been fixed =) That said though, I've said this in the past after a firmware update and the the ALG failed that evening!

been using mine since the update and like you ALG has appeared everytime too and that's by just letting it sleep...maybe just maybe Tomtom has fixed it although it would have been good if they had said something instead of just going down the bug fixes route.
    one thing I have done is turned off 3d buildings so i wonder if that has helped...who knows huh
  • PatjepeeerPatjepeeer Posts: 58 [Sovereign Trailblazer]
    It looks like TomTom fixed this issue in the end. Thanks for that!!

For a couple of days ALG continues to work on my GO 5200. And I didn't turned off 3D buildings.
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 14,500 Superusers
    Hi

Still Working....

gqba9sif8b0u.jpg
    ATB YFM
    Help others identify useful content...
    If someone posted something that was helpful?
    Click the 'Like' > 👍 Icon

If someone answered your question?
    Please answer 'Yes' to Did this answer the question? 'Yes' < >' No'
    edited May 30
    Just a further bit of confirmation... I've returned back from a short break that required a 600-odd mile round trip.

Didn't shut down the device after use, instead letting it sleep - and ALG worked every time it needed to!
    9urknlvlw55o.gif
    Well done VikramK and his backroom boys.

Which then leaves the burning questions (which I'm sure will remain unanswered sadly) - what on earth was cause of the problem, and why did it take so long to fix?!
    Yeah i have to say I'm quite happy too as mine seems to be working as it should but like dmulv i would like to know why it took over 2 years to fix the problem....all we need now is poi's improving and maybe the sometimes dangerous and daft routing sorting out....a button to avoid single track roads.
    we now have avoid tunnels,motorways and toll roads so now single track roads please
  • D-StreamD-Stream Posts: 125 [Prominent Wayfarer]
    So is it me or it it fixed as its seemed so far to work for every junction.. yet NO notice of a fix in the notes.
  • demulvdemulv Posts: 10 [Legendary Explorer]
    D-Stream wrote: »
    So is it me or it it fixed as its seemed so far to work for every junction.. yet NO notice of a fix in the notes.
    Yes it appears to be fixed (see previous posts).

The notice of a fix would be here:
    VikramK wrote: »
    Bug fixes and improvements:
    Various performance improvements and bug fixes have been implemented.
  • D-StreamD-Stream Posts: 125 [Prominent Wayfarer]
    So still typical of tom tom not letting us know the alg has been fixed.

One of the biggest bugs they've had

!!!!!!FACE PALM!!!!!!
  • kdegierkdegier Posts: 8 [Master Explorer]
    So finally this thread could be closed!
    Apparantely it still isn't fixed in the 18.203 firmware for the NAV4 devices. They have to wait a little bit longer..
  • Lost_SoulLost_Soul Posts: 125 [Renowned Wayfarer]
    Sorry to say that the thread still needs to be kept open :'(

I have been travelling fairly extensively the last week in the Southeast along the M25 / M11 / M1 and their interfaces and whilst I would agree that the ALG is appearing more consistently it has been absent at several junctions......................

Including M1 Southbound at J6A & J6 - M25 Clockwise at J21 and several of the junctions where the M25 meets the M11 (was traveling very late at night and cannot recall exactly which ones were missing!) as I had to travel both North and Southbound several times in the one trip and was diverted due to traffic delays / roadworks and the trip became a bit of a blur!

It would be of benefit if we could record a screenshot on our Tomtoms whilst driving?
    How are you doing this? @YamFazMan :)

There are other motorway junctions where I know from past experience that ALG has never been in operation ever since I have used a Tomtom from mid 2016; so it has always been difficult to work out whether ALG should appear or not............ especially if exiting at a junction that I have never used before.

It would be very helpful if a list of all junctions where ALG is supposed to be in operation could be supplied? @VikramK

All my journeys this week were completed using a Tomtom Go Premium X.

So a guarded response from me - progress in the right direction, but still room for improvement. ;)
    Based in UK - Tomtom Go 6200 (random ALG displayed )
    As Jack Nicholson would say: Is this as good as it gets??
    Unfortunately ALG still fails occasionally. For two times now it didn't show while I know it normally should be activated at that specific highway exit.
    It looks like it is a memory balancing issue in the device or something like that which has interaction with missing fuelstation icons in the route bar when a route will NOT being recalculated automatically by heavy traffic.
  • dmulvdmulv Posts: 603 Superuser
    @Lost_Soul - are you saying that ALG isn't appearing on some M25 junctions which you've previously seen ALG appearing? Or are you saying that ALG has never appeared on those junctions? Would be good to establish if the failure of ALG appearing is either as the result of the bug not being fully quashed, or if the ALG detail isn't in the underlying map.

@Patjepeeer - which device are you using, and is this on the latest firmware?
    edited June 11
    dmulv wrote: »
    @Patjepeeer - which device are you using, and is this on the latest firmware?

It is on the latest Navkit 19.101 and I performed a factory reset after install.
  • dolfgdolfg Posts: 3 [Neophyte Traveler]
    Fingers crossed, ALG is still working after the update an after all these horrible years.
    Tonight I installed the new Europe card. Lets hope ALG stays intact like the last weeks.
  • KlokKlok Posts: 11 [Legendary Explorer]
    Here he continued to do it after the map update,
    I'm super happy with it.