Lane Guidance not working after the latest update......again - Page 11 — TomTom Community

Lane Guidance not working after the latest update......again

Comments

• Covkid62Covkid62 Posts: 543 [Revered Navigator]
    they will probably make more promises they won't keep
    Still no fix Tomtom...been nearly a year since this thread was started :rage:
  • bruceybrucey Posts: 165 [Renowned Trailblazer]
    Any comment TomTom as I’d appreciate a response too please.
  • MeetYourMakerMeetYourMaker Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Ok, I was just about to spend £237 on a Go 6200 literally right now, after reading this thread I think I will look at Garmin products, GLAD I dont have to put up with this kind of 'support'!
    Yeah i would go with a garmin....Tomtom have had the last of my money...this issue has been going on for a long long time and despite several people asking for an update they just ignore everyone...very poor customer service
    still no updates on this problem Tomtom...think it's time to admit that your software engineers are not capable of fixing this issue which is probably the reason we get ignored when asking for news...
  • PatjepeeerPatjepeeer Posts: 64 [Sovereign Trailblazer]
    For what it's worth...

Support told me they still investigating the issue so I have to be patient in the meantime.
    Hi Patjepeeer.....just how patient do we have to be before they get this fault sorted out..this thread is now 11 months old and the problem had been the same long before that so think they are never going to fix it
    I know they are normally not this quiet regarding updates but Tomtom you have really surpassed yourself this time
  • Lost_SoulLost_Soul Posts: 160 [Exalted Navigator]
    Maybe another coincidence, who knows but since I turned off a few weeks ago the 'Keep journey history' :grinning:

i.e. Menu --> Settings --> System --> Your information and privacy...> Turn off 'Keep journey history'

doing so the ALG on my latest* Go 6200 has been working consistently ……………………… so far :grin::grin:

(* this is a new device as I had to send my original back to TT for repair for other random issues including not reading Smartphone messages aloud - so seeing the ALG could be down to just the new device!)

I had noticed that the old 6200 was giving me less accurate predictions for my destinations………………… probably as I was not going to the same venues daily / weekly and I don’t think it can cope with monthly or First Friday in each month type scenarios. I would imagine there has to be a build-up of a large amount of data for the device to analyse before even offering a 'Predictive Destination' and this may impact available memory?

Might be worth a try to see if turning off this feature also affects ALG for you? :thinking:
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 15,062 Superusers
    Hi
    @Lost Soul
    +1
    Copy & paste of my previous post...
    I don't find the devices to be laggy but my Nav5 devices are noticeably faster than the NAV4 devices

Re... Clearing out previous destinations....
    I have never liked Predictive Destinations option, like others, it got on my nerves constantly offering 'Home' when I was sat on my drive or 'Work' at the weekends
    After a while I turned off 'Keep journey history'...
    Tap 4Dot (.... Menu) --> Setting --> System --> Your information and privacy... Turn off 'Keep journey history'
    Note... Also toggling the 'Keep journey history' switch off/on will flush the journey history cache

I would think after a while there must be a build up of a large amount of data for the device to analyse before even offering a 'Predictive Destination'

Maybe a coincidence, who knows ??? but the only time the ALG (Automatic lane guidance) stopped working for me was a last year when I turned ON the Predictive Destinations while trying to help another user

Just come back from the Stafford Motorcycle Show
    ALG worked perfectly ALL Motorway intersections and exits M5/M6 outbound and return

ATB YFM
  • dmulvdmulv Posts: 626 Superuser
    Lost Soul wrote:
    Might be worth a try to see if turning off this feature also affects ALG for you? :thinking:
    That's not worked for me I'm afraid. 'Keep journey history' is one of the first things I turn off when setting up my 5200, and I still get affected by the lane guidance bug.
    @dmulv

I thought it might be too much of a coincidence and "more likely" it will be down to the new device I am using........................:grin:

Will it last though??? :thinking:
    Will give that a try before work on Monday and see if it helps keep ALG working. Not holding my breath though
    Well have tried turning off keep journey history and guess what....still ALG fails after a couple of hours....Tomtom when are you going to stop ignoring us and give us an update on this long standing issue....or is it as i've said before that you are not capable of fixing it....if that is the case bloody say so....really have had enough now!!!!!
    I was getting very fed up of waiting for answers on here so i decided to raise a ticket with customer services about ALG not working and despite me telling them about this thread and the fact that it's nearly a year old they told me to send in pictures and videos of ALG not working....what sort of planet are customer servies on......no amount of bloody pictures i send to them is going to make it work and they should also know that this is a problem that they know about.....really am loosing the will to live with Tomtom as they obviously do not talk to each other...jeeezzz
    Just thought I would bump this back to the top as it has now been a year since I started this thread and still Tomtom haven't fixed this fault.
    I raised yet another ticket with customer services only to be told they know it's a problem but they can't give me a time frame for it to be sorted......Once again Tomtom that is just not good enough.
    You are supposed to be a market leader in PND'S but you have still do not have a software update to fix my expensive piece of c**p.
    Getting to the point that i am going to put a hammer through my Go6200 and go and get a Garmin!!!!
    Once again bumping this back to the top as Tomtom seem to have forgotten about it as now over a year since I raised this thread.
    I am going to America in September on a fly drive and i want this piece of junk to have lane guidance working because i will obviously be driving on motorways i don't know and on the wrong side of the road....get it sorted out Tomtom...we have all been patient for far too long now
  • BeaniemanBeanieman Posts: 1 [Apprentice Seeker]
    No way I thought it was just mine that doesn't work but it looks like I'm not the only one :weary:
    Sorry Beanieman...this has been a problem for a long long time and as you can see Tomtom are ignoring the problem and hoping it will go away!!!
    Well my "lucky period" of ALG working correctly for just over a month ended today:joy:.

But whether it was coincidence, as after updating the biweekly speed camera updates I forgot to do a drum roll reset..................... :thinking:

I forgot to do the same a couple of weeks ago and I lost traffic delays and voice instructions; both of which were restored after a drum roll reset.

So for me it will be mandatory to do a drum roll reset after any updates; a nuisance as it adds another couple of minutes to the update process twice a week, but if it keeps everything working I will accept that.
  • bigbig Posts: 1,564 Superuser
    Doing a drum roll reset twice a week will help things to run smoothly even if you do not update anything. I frequently skip speed camera updates and still have to reset frequently. If I don't, all sorts of things stop working and eventually the thing crashes.
    bumping this back to the top as i'm going to Florida in September and taking my go6200 with me and pleaseTomtom can we get this bloody problem sorted.....Oh and can you at least let us know you are trying to sort this out as you ignore everyone that asks
  • slliwslliw Posts: 5 [Master Explorer]
    Covkid62 wrote:
    bumping this back to the top as i'm going to Florida in September and taking my go6200 with me and pleaseTomtom can we get this bloody problem sorted.....Oh and can you at least let us know you are trying to sort this out as you ignore everyone that asks
    Is there a way to get the traffic to work in America i.e connecting to wifi or using a mobile phone as a hotspot? I tried to connect via a VPN but the device wouldn't show the wifi sid
  • bigbig Posts: 1,564 Superuser
    No, traffic is available only in the region where you purchased your device. It's not a technical issue, it's a licensing/policy issue.

The exception to this is to use an external RDS/TMC receiver. This will give you some rudimentary traffic in metropolitan areas. Better than nothing, for sure, but not as good as TomTom's Live traffic.