Spam email about tomtom accounts

I have just received an email supposedly from Apple iTunes confirming my 2 year subscription to European maps. As I am a tomtom customer, how did the spammers know of my account unless there is a leak in tomtom.

Please can the IT department check on this and let me know urgently.

Comments

• VikramKVikramK Posts: 7,469 TomTom Moderator
    Hi silverfox55

I am not sure from where you have received this spam email. I had a look at your account and I see that you have Lifetime maps active on your Via 130/135 device. So I don't think the email you received is relevant as it mentions about purchases on the iTunes store.

Regards
    Vikram
    Have a question? Ask!
    Did a reply resolve your query, please mark it as answer!
    Try the search; the information you are looking for could already be available.
  • silverfox55silverfox55 Posts: 5 [Neophyte Traveler]
    Here is the relevant part of the mail

Dear [email protected],

This email confirms your purchase of the following subscription:
    Name of Subscription: TomTom Western Europe + Updates
    Content Provider: TomTom
    Date of purchase: 27 April 2017
    Subscription Period: 24 months
    Price: £35.99
    Payment Method: iTunes account

The subscription period will automatically renew unless you turn it off no later than 24 hours before the end of the current period. To cancel auto-renewal or manage your subscriptions, click below and sign in.

You can cancel a Subscription at any time: Cancel / Refund Subscription
    iTunes Store
    You can find the iTunes Store Terms of Sale and Sales Policies by launching your iTunes application and clicking on Terms of Sale or Sales Policies

Answers to frequently asked questions regarding the iTunes can be found at http://www.apple.com/uk/support/itunes/store/

Mod edit: Please don't post personal information on a public forum.Thanks
  • VikramKVikramK Posts: 7,469 TomTom Moderator
    Hi silverfox55

Sorry for the delay in responding to you. Our customer indeed seem to be getting some spam emails about a TomTom Navigation Product.

We would request you to avoid clicking on any of the links which are included in the email for security reasons. Please check this topic we created to keep our users updated about this:

https://en.discussions.tomtom.com/warning-ios-users-targeted-with-fake-tomtom-purchase-emails-29/warning-ios-users-targeted-with-fake-tomtom-purchase-emails-1022156

Thanks & regards
    Vikram
    Have a question? Ask!
    Did a reply resolve your query, please mark it as answer!
    Try the search; the information you are looking for could already be available.