Broken Spark strap — TomTom Community

Broken Spark strap

dpelchatdpelchat Posts: 48 [Prominent Wayfarer]
My Spark strap gave up this morning... The plastic loop just fell off, just like most of you. I called Support and they swiftly arranged for a replacement. It took no more than 5 minutes, so I'm quite happy I won't be without my watch for long (thanks Tomtom!).

I know the Spark 3 strap is compatible and it seems like the large strap is a new design. Is it more durable than the older design?

Thanks!!!!

Comments

• chris-frchris-fr Posts: 41 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Nope its not...
  • dpelchatdpelchat Posts: 48 [Prominent Wayfarer]
    ahh well... thanks!
  • tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 15,813 Superusers
    The strap for the Adventurer watches is a different design and is definitely more durable, with a metal buckle. They are compatible with all Spark models.

I hope this helped answer your question. If so, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.
    The order shipped and I'm getting a 4RLA.000.01 - Watch 2 Comfort Dark blue/Light Blue large strap... not sure what version it is since I could not find any hit on Google for it... The Adventurer straps sure do look nice!
    I think the Comfort straps are for the old Runner/MultiSport models and will not fit on a Spark watch.
  • MiesjelMiesjel Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I have the same problem, it seems that the glue does not stick well
  • oliverquinterooliverquintero Posts: 26 [Outstanding Wayfarer]
    Make sure you don't take out the watch from the strap to sync or charge, that wears the strap a lot.
    I wore off my first strap that way because I was used to do that on the Multisport, with the spark you don't need to take it off anymore.
    My issue wasn't from the glue; the rubber just split aft of the buckle, but after almost a year of daily wear. This is the strap I got, and it fits OK!
  • oliverquinterooliverquintero Posts: 26 [Outstanding Wayfarer]
    Yes, mine too. What I meant is that if you take the watch face out of the strap it splits faster.
  • Crash486Crash486 Posts: 13 [Outstanding Explorer]
    Make sure you don't take out the watch from the strap to sync or charge, that wears the strap a lot.
    I wore off my first strap that way because I was used to do that on the Multisport, with the spark you don't need to take it off anymore.

Umm, how do you charge your watch if you don't take it out of the watch band? What am I missing?

My band failed after 8 months, the replacement has failed after 10 months. It took 15 years for my Polar watch strap to break.
    The charger is designed to slip between the band and the watch module, the module does not need to be removed. The twisting required to snap it out and snap it back in puts extra stress on the strap.
  • caiodepaulacaiodepaula Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I thought so too. It turns out that it will break the same way at the same spot, regardless of how you charge it. I'm on my second broken strap and getting the third from TomTom.
    First time it broke I thought that maybe it was because I was removing the face to charge the watch, then, when I got the second one I decided not to remove it, not even once, and it actually broke faster than the first one, after 3 months as opose to 6!
    This time they are sending me a replacement for spark 3, let's see...
  • Mizcrys323Mizcrys323 Posts: 9 [Master Explorer]
    I just called customer service to get my 2nd replacement strap-- after I ordered and paid for the first replacement one in December 2016. Has there been a new, better strap developed that might fit the small Cardio Spark. I like my watch, but replacing these straps are a pain.