No working H/R-Cardio Spark GPS — TomTom Community

No working H/R-Cardio Spark GPS

bigfella2504bigfella2504 Posts: 1 [New Traveler]
Ok recently bought a Cardio Spark GPS with Music watch and the HR doesn't work. Done a reset through the watch and also when connected to the computer, gave it to my wife to try and see if it's me thats the problem and same result. This is actually a replacement watch as the first had the same problem so I thought it may be me with a slow HR (resting 40-45 bpm). Didn't think that would matter when I start running as the HR would naturally rise. Tried going for a few runs and nothing but two small horizontal dashes until it automatically stops trying to find it. Both my wife and I were wearing the watch behind the wrist bone, done up comfortably tight with the watch not moving on our wrists.
The watch has been updated to the latest version before I wear it. Don't know what else to do other then contact support and send it off again for another replacement. Also if it is the watch then I thought they would've tested the replacement first before they sent it out?

Hope someone can just tell me I'm doing something not right and it's an easy fix. Any help would be greatly appreciated as this is my first sports watch and the TomTom had great reviews.

Regards

Comments

• tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 15,815 Superusers
    This is going to sound like a dumb question, but are you sure it is a Cardio model? Does it have the LED on the back and when you go to About does it say Cardio at the top? If it is, is the internal HR sensor turned on? Go to Sensors>Heart and make sure it says On (press right to lock it in). If the answer to these questions are yes and it is just giving you the "--" that means the sensor is not working and you need to contact Customer Support. To get the number for Customer Support, go to tomtom.com/support, choose Contact at the bottom, select the service required and the product name and click Contact Customer Care and then Phone Us. It will give you the phone number for the country your account is registered under (this can be changed by clicking the flag icon in the bottom right corner of the screen).

I hope this helped answer your question. If so, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.