New map not showing on TOMTOM home

GUYxbGUYxb Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
edited January 7 in Map installation
Hey all. I seem to have what appears to be a pretty common problem. I have a TOMTOM classic XL which I purchased USA maps for a couple of weeks ago (via the website). After waiting a few days for the order to be marked as 'complete', I can't see these maps to download on TOMTOM home. I'm pretty sure I bought the right version (serial No starting GV), My TOMTOM home is up to date. I've backed up and reset my device but nothing is happening. I'm about ready to pull my hair out and am hoping I'm doing something particularly stupid??

I am logged in to TOMTOM home with the same account that I purchased the map through via the website. I've logged out and back in again several times with no joy. I payed with Paypal if that makes any diff? Can anyone shed some light on this?

Comments

• NiallNiall Posts: 10,551 Superuser
    @GUYxb

Try manage maps-->switch maps.

If that doesn't help, try Customer Services to check that your subscription to the maps service has been completed correctly

CS United Kingdom
    02079 490 134
    Monday - Friday: 9:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
    Help others identify useful content :- - If someone posted something that was helpful? Click the Like button 👍

If someone answered the question you asked? Answer Yes to "Did this answer the question? Yes · No"
  • GUYxbGUYxb Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Thanks for the response. I can't switch maps as my device doesn't have an SD card slot and the internal memory isn't large enough to hold both my western Europe maps and the US maps I've just purchased. I can't even download the maps to my computer. As far as TOMTOM home is concerned my USA maps don't exist! Sounds like support is my only option....
  • GUYxbGUYxb Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Update. Apparently according to support my XL classic is an 'end of life device' and therefore not compatible with any of the purchasable maps. You would think they'd have some controls in place to prevent people buying them (or at least have a warning) but hey ho....