New Features that I would love to have on TomTom

Tomas MatosTomas Matos Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
I love TomTom, but there are some features that could be improved, in order to improve the clients satisfaction, such as:
- CarPlay Integration;
- Import places destinations from TomTom's last version,
- Google Maps or Apple Maps Integration

It's much more difficult to find a new destination on TomTom, than in Google or Apple Maps, very often I have to go to a new destination with you competition products and I only can use you product on the way back.

Are my suggestions on TomTom's developers road map?

Comments

• lampardlampard Posts: 3,965 TomTom Moderator
    Hi Tomás,

Welcome to the Community!

Thank you for your feedback! I'll log it as an improvement request for the product team to review.

Please see here what the team is working on and what they've already done since release. :)

Cheers,
    lampard
    Help others find useful content by clicking the like button and selecting the best answer to your question! You can check out our Knowledge Base and find the best comments on the Community here.
    Most important of all, have fun and be kind to one another!

• Andy-HAndy-H Posts: 17 [Outstanding Wayfarer]
    Hi TomTom,

The one feature I would love to see on the Go Mobile App is the ability to read a description of the route - so that I can easily see if the app is navigating me along any roads I want to avoid (e.g. unnamed roads). At the moment on the app, I have to visually look at the map and zoom in to see the road, which is difficult to do on a longer journey. Can you add this request to your backlog?

Thanks,
    Andrew
  • jcwackyjcwacky Posts: 39 [Outstanding Wayfarer]
    - Google Maps or Apple Maps Integration

It's much more difficult to find a new destination on TomTom, than in Google or Apple Maps, very often I have to go to a new destination with you competition products and I only can use you product on the way back.

This is one of the main downsides of TomTom. Their places database isn't as good, search isn't as instant and there are no satellite images to help ensure you've selected the correct location.

It would be amazing if TomTom could add an iOS action "Navigate to in TomTom", so that in any app that initiates the standard iOS share sheet (most), you could share an address straight to TomTom. TomTom would need to do some good parsing of the shared data to identify the main address details and remove any extras like URLs, but it would be amazing!

Alternatively, it would be ace if TomTom could add support for the Workflow iOS app (recently acquired by Apple), so that Workflow could send an address to TomTom to navigate to. Then users could easily create their own "Navigate to TomTom from Google Maps" actions. Even just support for or details on TomTom's X-Callback URLs would make this possible.

I don't see TomTom ever having as good a place database or search as Google Maps, so there is no point in holding off on these features for the sake of it. I can see more people who currently use Google Maps navigation, converting to TomTom if they can still set their destination from Google Maps.