TomTom Bandit unable to Connect or Update

twann74twann74 Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
edited January 11 in TomTom Bandit Studio BETA
Hi!
I'm having some trouble with my TomTom Bandit. I want to connect it to the app, but the name of the wifi and the password are not the same than the actual wifi network. When I enable the wifi on the camera, it is automatically showing that the camera is paired and connected to device, but the app doesn't recognize it. The problem is the same with Bandit Studio, I can see the videos on the SD card but Bandit Studio doesn't see the camera.
I have reset the settings, formatted the SD card but the problem remains.

As the software is quite old (0.33.48), I think a software update could solve the problem but I can't connect the camera to either the app or Bandit Studio, so updating is impossible for now.

Maybe is it possible to update the camera manually?

Thanks
Antoine

Comments

• lampardlampard Posts: 3,637 TomTom Moderator
    Hi Antoine,

Welcome to the Community!

Are you connecting your Bandit camera to the computer via external charging cable or directly inserting the Batt-stick into the USB slot? You might get the a notification about device driver installation and that the USB device is not recognized when connected via cable.

I would advise you to to insert the Batt-Stick directly in the USB slot with memory card in it or in a card reader. When Studio detects a TomTom Bandit memory card, the memory card screen is shown automatically. Let us know the outcome!

cheers,
    lampard
  • twann74twann74 Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Hi!
    Thanks for your reply. Yes I am inserting the batt stick directly in the USB slot. I've tried with a card reader too, but no luck.

I had another Bandit before and it was fine, that's why I think that the problem comes from the camera itself, especially because it is not up to date.

Cheers

Antoine
  • lampardlampard Posts: 3,637 TomTom Moderator
    Hi Antoine,

In this case, please reach out to our customer support who can dig in more deeply than we can on the user forum. You can click on 'Contact us' option at the bottom of this page to Phone or drop them an email about this.

Cheers,
    lampard