Editing an activity record — TomTom Community

Editing an activity record

VimesVimes Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
edited January 2019 in Runner & Multi-Sport
Hi - occasionally I forget to stop my watch recording an activity when I have finished and end up with a car journey, for example, tacked on the end, which obviously messes up the distance etc.
I have suggested to TomTom that they provide a facility to edit a record, once uploaded, by deleting the section(s) with the unwanted data.
They suggested I post a topic here to see if anyone else would like this facility, in which case, hopefully, they will consider providing it.
So please support this post if you would like this ability.

Comments

• tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,643
    Superusers
    This has been asked and answered numerous times in the past (well not answered so much as not responded to, so there is your answer). This is a user forum and while they do monitor the forums and note these sort of requests, TomTom will not comment on planned or future updates publicly (here or elsewhere) so we will just have to wait and see. In the meanwhile, remember to stop your watch after every run to avoid this. I always go back into the history to check the distance which forces me to ensure it was stopped.

I imagine this is not what you were hoping to hear but let me know if this answered your question. If it did, please mark it as a solution so other can look for it if they have the same question.
  • VimesVimes Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Hi - thanks - that's just as TomTom told me when I suggested it to them. Didn't realise it had been asked for before as I couldn't find any relevant posts. Ho Hum looks like I'm in for a long wait.
    PS - how do you mark the post as a solution?
    Superusers
    Here are instructions. They will not work if you are using the mobile site off a phone, only on a computer.

https://en.discussions.tomtom.com/how-to-use-the-forum-35/how-to-use-kudos-and-marked-solutions-289578
  • ArturLArturL Posts: 14 [Outstanding Explorer]
    I have similar problems :)

If you use 3rd party sport app, you can follow this path:
    1. Export path as gpx or tcx in tomtomsports
    2. Edit running path with track editor (gpstrackeditor.com, sourceforge.net/projects/gpxeditor or any other)
    3. Import in your sport app.

Unfortunately mysports is missing too many features to be the only one at the moment.
  • nsmedsnsmeds Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    MeToo This really is a needed functionality.
  • jcbdiggerjcbdigger Posts: 30 [Master Explorer]

TomTom really must invest in this as an upgrade facility.
    Superusers
    If you know you are taking an extended break, particularly if you are going into a building, you should manually pause the device. Auto pause is meant to capture small pauses while active, not complete stops.
This discussion has been closed.

Who's Online in this Category0