Tracking a route back to home in Runner 3 — TomTom Community

Tracking a route back to home in Runner 3

franesterfranester Posts: 2 [New Traveler]
Hi!
I have a tom tom runner cardio 3, it is not clear for me in the manual how you can use the tracking mode when you are lost in the mountains..

I see that you can load tracks from the computer and to follow it but the real benefit is to use the tracking mode when you are running just at that moment.

someone know how it works? in the manual there is not almost info....

thanks a lot

(I run a lot cross the mountains so I would love this function...)

Comments

• tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 15,835 Superusers
    This is not a function of the watch. The trails feature allows you to load a trail and follow it breadcrumb style on the watch. It has no Back to Start type feature. If you are on a pre-loaded trail you could simply turn around and follow it back but it will not guide you off the trail.

I imagine this is not what you were hoping to hear but let me know if this answered your question. If it did, please mark it as a solution so other can look for it if they have the same question.
  • elboelbo Posts: 49 [Apprentice Traveler]
    @franester. Your watch does have a "back to start" funtion. Realise it is very basic and you just have to follow your steps back. Your watch creates a breadcrum which you follow back.

From the manual:
    Your TomTom GPS Watch can draw a breadcrumb trail for all activities that use GPS. Breadcrumb trails allow you to see an overview of your route and understand the steps necessary to get back to your starting point.
    Breadcrumb trails show the following information:
     Your current GPS position is shown with a chevron in the centre of the screen.
     Your starting point is shown with a home icon.
     The arrow tells you which direction you are facing when standing still and which direction you
    are headed when moving.
     The breadcrumb trail is shown in a North-up view.
     You can switch between a detailed view and an overview depending on the total length of the breadcrumb trail.

My runner 2 doesn't have this function, but my Suunto Ambit 3 does. It comes in handy when doing some hiking. My Suunto alse points the compass in the direction of the startpoint, but you never know if there is a path towards that, sonif you are really lost and play it save, following your steps get you back home.