GO Mobile for Android 1.16 - no more UK map — TomTom Community

GO Mobile for Android 1.16 - no more UK map

EarlOfEssexEarlOfEssex Posts: 6 [Master Traveler]
So my phone automatically updated to 1.16. I see in your recent release post (https://en.discussions.tomtom.com/tomtom-go-mobile-and-navigation-for-android-156/new-go-mobile-for-android-v116-available-for-download-1021338) you fail to mention that the UK map seems to have been discontinued.

As someone who only drives in the UK and can't actually make use of this, I don't see why I should clutter up my phone with a 5GB download of maps I cannot and would not use.

Please say this is an administrative error and you are supporting a UK only map again shortly.

Comments

• tgoldtgold Posts: 2,062 [Supreme Pioneer]
    The 786MB map of United Kingdom and Republic of Ireland map has not be discontinued and remains available.
  • EarlOfEssexEarlOfEssex Posts: 6 [Master Traveler]
    Ok, that's weird then. After the upgrade to 1.16 it's telling me to download a map and there is no option to choose UK! No option to skip that screen. Perhaps a bug?
  • tgoldtgold Posts: 2,062 [Supreme Pioneer]
    I don't know why you are getting that. You should only be prompted to download a map if you have none and the act of upgrading to GO Mobile v1.16 should not have caused you to lose your already downloaded map(s).
    Yeah, it's never prompted for the download before and I can see the UK map data files there on the memory card. Guess I'll try a full reinstall when I get home tonight. Cheers for help! :)
  • YembleYemble Posts: 42 [Outstanding Wayfarer]
    TT v1.16 is working perfectly well for me with the UK map, last updated from within TT v1.15.
    Very strange. Double and triple checked but it wouldn't accept I had the map already and was prompting me to choose a map to download and not offering GB except as part of Western Europe.

So I uninstalled it and did a fresh install and that's worked fine! Got GB only as before.

In case anyone from Tom Tom needs the info it's a Sony xperia xa running Android 6.0.
  • Nbphil2Nbphil2 Posts: 8 [Legendary Explorer]
    I had the same problem. I just let it download the Western Europe map, which took a very long time, and then it ran and let me choose the the UK map that was already loaded.