Runner 2: after update and factory reset impossible to connect to phone by bluetooth — TomTom Community

Runner 2: after update and factory reset impossible to connect to phone by bluetooth

J4cobJ4cob Posts: 4 [Neophyte Traveler]
Today I hooked up my Runner 2 (music and cardio) to my laptop and discovered there was an update available (1.3.255). After installing the update I put back my watch to factory settings because as far as I know that is a recommended procedure after an update.
After updating the watch, the watch seems to function ok. I'm just not able to connect to the TomTom Sports app on my iPhone 6s anymore. Steps I have tried and in this order;
remove (forget) the watch from the app on my phone
remove the app from my phone
install the app again
open the app and click 'Aan de slag' (Let's go?)
On my watch open settings > Phone > pair new
Search for the watch in the Sports app on my Phone, it is recognized, only when I select my watch, the watch immediately switches back to the settings menu and the pairing code is no longer on the display.
I have tried this for several times now and the phone and watch simply don't seem to pair anymore.

After this I tried to fully reset my watch using the steps from this procedure (http://nl.support.tomtom.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/17704/~/je-horloge-resetten). Also I removed the app from my phone again and hoped this would resolve the issue. Unfortunately it did not.
When trying to pair the pairing code shows on the display on my watch, when I select the watch in the app to pair with, my watch switches back to the settings menu and the app won't pair.

What to do to pair my watch and iPhone again? It all worked some hours ago

Comments

• lampardlampard Posts: 5,302 Moderator
    Hi J4cob,

Welcome to the Community & sorry about the delay in response!

It seems you already tried possible troubleshooting to resolve this and I hope you're using the latest Sports App version 3.0.2. I would advise you to contact our customer support with the Phone Model and iOS version on your device to investigate this further.

You can click on the 'Contact us' option on the bottom of this page to Phone/Email them and they'll be able to help you further in this case.

Regards,
    lampard
  • elboelbo Posts: 49 [Apprentice Traveler]
    @j4cob. You said you removed the watch from the app on your phone. Did you also remove the bluetooth device directly from your phone? (In settings, bluetooth, remove tomtom watch) and then try to pair it again.
  • J4cobJ4cob Posts: 4 [Neophyte Traveler]
    elbo wrote:
    @j4cob. You said you removed the watch from the app on your phone. Did you also remove the bluetooth device directly from your phone? (In settings, bluetooth, remove tomtom watch) and then try to pair it again.

Thanks a lot! This did the trick!
    Maybe this should also be added in the procedure described on the website?
  • elboelbo Posts: 49 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I think a "forget device" option in the app should alse forget the device from systemsettings on the phone.

If that is not possible (or tomtom developers can't get it working) the option"forget device" should be removed from the app, because it doesn't do anything and is misleading. In that case, the procedure should be clear either in the manual, or in a faq or somewhere else on the website, or perhaps even in the app.

But I don't think we will see this kind of usefull improvements anytime soon. TomTom thinks syncing the stepcounter with Apple's healt is way more important [sarcasm off]
  • MartyOMartyO Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Hi

I exactly same behaviour as described with pairing pon being shown on watch for a few seconds and then flicks back to setting. Android app stuck on connecting screen and gives no option to enter pin.

I tried upairing that worked for op but made no difference to me.

I have tried factory reset and update watch. Latest version of android sports app. Phone is androin 6.0 LG k8 350n. Phone using latest androind os version available.

Been through trouble shooting on forum.