TomTom Sports app for iPhone crashes — TomTom Community

TomTom Sports app for iPhone crashes

BlauwesmurfBlauwesmurf Posts: 4 [Neophyte Traveler]
A week ago the app crashed, when displaying the data of a tour on my racebike. I could not look at the data without crashing the app.
Today it crashed earlier, when synchronizing with my multisport watch. Also when scrolling through the trips of the last weeks.

I can live with an app that does not display the data, i upload the data to Strava. But if i cannot synchronize, i have to use my pc to upload the data. And when i am away for a couple of days i do not carry my pc with me.....

Is there a remedy for the crashes ? i have already stopped and started the app and also deleted the app and reinstalled it. But it did not resolve the problem.

I only want to upload the data of the watch to internet.

Comments

• lampardlampard Posts: 5,088 Moderator
    Hi Blauwesmurf,

Welcome to the Community & sorry for the delay in response!

Is there any specific error message when the Sports app on your iOS device crashes? A screenshot of the error will be helpful if there's any. Also, please specify the Phone model and iOS version you're using.

Regards,
    lampard
  • BlauwesmurfBlauwesmurf Posts: 4 [Neophyte Traveler]
    No, no specific error, app just dissappears. I am using a iphone 5s
  • PwarringtonPwarrington Posts: 7 [Legendary Explorer]
    Your not alone my app keeps freezing we viewing the app data.
  • elboelbo Posts: 49 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Here the same. No error message, the app just disappears. Also on a iPhone 5s with latest IOS version.

Quite frequently the app crashes in the manage section, when I tried to reconnect my watch to the app.
  • Awesome61Awesome61 Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I'm having the same issues on my IPad mini since last up date, just keeps crashing when try & look at the stats. There is no error codes & also the view has changed, the screen size is much smaller than before.
  • lampardlampard Posts: 5,088 Moderator
    Hi All,

Can you all please submit the logs when via Sports App on your iOS device? You can do this via App by going into Manage -> Settings -> Feedback.

Please make sure to tick ‘Include anonymous app usage data’ option as those are the actual logs.

Thanks,
    lampard
  • GertjegertjeGertjegertje Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    My app crashes too, not when I am on the homescreen but when I explore a bit in my activities e.g. looking at stats it just disappears. I just reinstalled the app but problem remains unfortunately. Hope this can be fixed quickly as this is getting annoying. I run the app on iPhone 6 with latest software.
  • absolutelynoideaabsolutelynoidea Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Same here. ios app crashes when looking into certain activities. in most cases bike activities. app just disappears.
  • RaouldwRaouldw Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I can't even start the app. It freezes right away. Only if I uninstall and install I can run it once. The second time I start it up it freezes again.
  • salto27salto27 Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    My app crashes too, after about 10 seconds screen goes black and leaves the app.

It reinstalled the app but problem remains unfortunately. Hope this can be fixed quickly as this is getting annoying. I run the app on iPhone 6 with latest software.
  • sinusfilmsinusfilm Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    having the same issues since this week. Before it worked fine! App crashes after 10 seconds. Re-installed; same problem. This thread apparently ended one moth ago, did someone succeeded to solve this annoying problem?
  • salto27salto27 Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    have been e-mailing back and forth with the helpdesk for over a month now. Only response is wait for the update and everything should work again.
  • VikramKVikramK Posts: 10,906 Moderator
    Hi salto27

This issue has been reported to our technical team for investigation through our 2nd Line Technical team.

We will have to wait for an update from their side, I have also sent a heads up to the customer service, so someone will be getting in touch with you.

Regards
    Vikram
  • VanzaVanza Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Same issue here, really anoying. Fix it!
  • sinusfilmsinusfilm Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Downloaded the latest update 2 days ago, also crashing after 10 seconds:-(
  • YenzWYenzW Posts: 2 [New Traveler]
    App Keeps on crashing... synced with my computer... works but not the way to go
  • BlazebradyBlazebrady Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Same here
  • butcher880000butcher880000 Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    With my iphone 4s ios9 tomttom sport consuming big memory(leak) and application crash after short period (every time).
    it's useless app for me. I am unable to send feedback via app, because crash.

Thank you for some reaction

app version 7.0.0
  • Awesome61Awesome61 Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Been having same issues on my IPad mini for several months now, screen resized & keeps crashing. Sometimes I could after several attempts get watch & pad to sync, now all I'm getting is app crashing after 10 secs, I have forwarded log to TomTom when requested & had no response. Have tried uninstalling & reinstalling app to no avail.

Only way to save watch data is to sync to PC, come on TomTom pull your finger out & fix this issue ASAP, otherwise I'll purchase a Garmin instead.
  • timgreentimgreen Posts: 7 [Master Explorer]
    The same thing happens to the app on my iPhone - admittedly I am using an iPhone 4s however the old app ran well. the new app crashes as soon as I try to Bluetooth the phone to it. It allows for the watch to connect then immediately crashes - every time without fail. I've uninstalled and re-installed a few times but to no avail at all. At the moment the watch data is full so the watch doesn't work and it's very annoying - any ideas?? My computer is too old to run the software so I have no other options
  • timgreentimgreen Posts: 7 [Master Explorer]
    Ok - I contacted customer support here in Australia - They were great. Worked with me to resolve the issue and said this issue has come up a lot. I reset my Iphone 4S, forgot the watch in Bluetooth and re-installed the App. The app started working although it does crash a little during the synching, but at least it's now working and starting to work consistenly as well.

Thank you Tom Tom - great customer service here is Aus. Very pleased with Mohammed and Tejas