FREE 18 months Speed Cameras Promotion Duff info and duff code? — TomTom Community

FREE 18 months Speed Cameras Promotion Duff info and duff code?

RAFexplorerRAFexplorer Posts: 14 [Outstanding Explorer]
edited January 2019 in Speed Cameras
Ok, I just bought a Start52, (maybe I should have stuck with my free GPS on the Smartphone).
I saw the FREE 18 months Speed Cameras Promotion and registered for my free code. I received the email and code and followed the instructions to enter the code at www.tomtom.com web shop. That turns out to be nonsense as the correct procedure is connect the device to MyDrive Connect app and login then select ENTER AN ACTIVATION CODE, Great....however the code they sent me returns -- The code you have entered is not valid. Please try again.--.
Ha, what a laugh. Device is going to be returned to the shop at this rate.
Anyone else had this trouble, anyone else had a code that worked? If so how?

Comments

• dhndhn Posts: 33,326
    Superusers
    Try support tomorrow for clarification:

United Kingdom
    02079 490 134
    Monday - Friday: 9:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
  • RAFexplorerRAFexplorer Posts: 14 [Outstanding Explorer]
    Thank you, hope they dont keep me on hold forever
  • lampardlampard Posts: 5,086 Moderator
    Hi RAFexplorer,

I can see that your 18 months Speed Cameras subscription is assigned on the TomTom account and valid till 12/01/2019. Your START 52 device already have the Speed Camera Updates for 3 MONTHS embedded on it and once this expires, the new subscription will be active automatically.

Hope it helps!

cheers,
    lampard
    Thanks lampard, I figured out the procedure eventually and applied the code into the product shopping basket (vouchers), not into the Enter an Activation code field. But now I am still waiting for the actual activation code to arrive, (says processing). been 12 or more hours so far!
    I live in hope. I would suggest the web designers need to write out a clear procedure and make it easy for the likes of me.
    Does the Free Speed Cam update offer kick in automatically after my initial 3 months are up? I can see on the order that the Speed Camera Updates EUROPE - 1.5 YEARS is still In progress. Or do I have to enter yet another code at some point like in the Enter an Activation code field??
    Just read what you said lampard, the new subscription will be active automatically. Takes a while for me to digest these things lol.